Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

San Diego Area Superchargers (location speculation)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Supercharger - San Diego, CA

Yeah, I'd think they'd go for the Carlsbad outlets. Just off the highway, just north of town...

As much as if like one there. I think it's too close to San Juan Capistrano.

Since it's not a destination charge, but a traveling charge, it should probably be along the 8.

Maybe Mission Valley Center. It's on the 8, but close to the 805 and 15 and 163.

As much as if like one there. I think it's too close to San Juan Capistrano.

Since it's not a destination charge, but a traveling charge, it should probably be along the 8.

Maybe Mission Valley Center. It's on the 8, but close to the 805 and 15 and 163.

That makes more sense than along I-5 and it could also help out people coming from Arizona/El Centro who will be on their last few miles.

There has been talk about installing a bunch of EV infrastructure downtown near the train station assocated with EVoasis and the Clinton Foundation, but this was independent of Tesla. Tesla tends to install stations at malls, so I'd have to guess that UTC mall would be the most likely location.

They applied for the recent CEC EV infrastructure grant to build that project, but the results / winners won't be announced for a few more weeks...There were a lot of applicants that I heard about, so the competition should be pretty heavy for the grant money...

There has been talk about installing a bunch of EV infrastructure downtown near the train station assocated with EVoasis and the Clinton Foundation, but this was independent of Tesla. Tesla tends to install stations at malls, so I'd have to guess that UTC mall would be the most likely location.

The parking at UTC is a mess most of the time. Any spots set aside for a SC at UTC would be constantly ICE'd. Maybe Mission Valley or Fashion Valley Malls?

The parking at UTC is a mess most of the time. Any spots set aside for a SC at UTC would be constantly ICE'd. Maybe Mission Valley or Fashion Valley Malls?

Fashion Valley already has evgo chargers (CHAdeMO, SCE and J1772), they probably don't need more EV "cred".

Mission Valley has a couple of really old (pre J1772 EV spots. They are also in a good location for tourists and through travelers.