Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Taking Delivery @ Factory - what are my chances date will be changed?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered: 1/18, Confirmed: 1/19, VIN: 2/?, Current (2/28) Status: Sourcing Parts.

9 days ago I was contacted by to schedule my delivery date/tour at the factory for March 20th.
Since I'm out of the country from March 21-30th, I scheduled for Monday March 31st.
Flying up from Southern California, bought our plane tickets, etc. Plan to supercharge it back the same day.

What do people think is the likelihood the factory tour/delivery date will change?
In recent months, has anyone had their factory tour/delivery date change?

I know that last year, changes were common and all over the place, however, it seems that in recent months things have been more stable. Some deliveries to folks have been adjusted because of transit times, but I would hope that the factory tour/delivery date would hold steady.

Clearing out a whole day in my schedule at the last moment is truly not feasible, so I'm really hoping that when they say March 31st it will stay that way.
Also, my hope is that since this date is the last of the quarter, they will want to stick to delivering it in March and not pushing it to April.

Thoughts?

Formerly: 2000 Honda Civic GX, 2000 Toyota Camry CNG, 2008 MiniE, 2012 BMW ActiveE

They usually give everyone about an hour to hour and a half to go over everything. Your DS will send you some videos to watch to help you familiarize yourself with all the controls etc about a week before delivery. If you watch them you'll have plenty of time to go step by step over the checklist ^^^^