Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2010 Tesla Roadster interior photos

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here is the first known picture of a 2010 Tesla Roadster interior.
This one is VIN #501.

2010 Tesla Roadster VIN #501 with Executive Leather « Peak Oil Garage

(click link for details)

This one has the executive leather option. Not a customer car. This is an engineering vehicle.
Notice the contrast stitching, the console in the center of the car, push button shifting, glove box, etc.

3552144861_7ccd5fd3cb_o_d.jpg

Last edited:
Here is the first known picture of a 2010 Tesla Roadster interior.
This one is VIN #501.

Is that VIN # confirmed? They were supposed to jump from 500 to 600 (601?) when they did the 2008 to 2010 jump. If it's a VP / Marketing car maybe all the marketing cars could be 500 series cars...

Still not a double DIN

Is that VIN # confirmed? They were supposed to jump from 500 to 600 (601?) when they did the 2008 to 2010 jump. If it's a VP / Marketing car maybe all the marketing cars could be 500 series cars...

Still not a double DIN
I had never heard they ever had a plan to just skip 100 VINs. However, you are right that the VPs essentially have their own VIN sequence. So probably we need some confirmation.

Nice to have a glove box. The VDS seems smaller in that location somehow. Notice also, that since it's no longer hidden in the shadows, it may be harder to read in direct sunlight. At that angle, you might even get direct sun reflections driving mid day.

What's that hatched rectangle down and left of the HVAC controls?

Double DIN can't be done with the current chassis. At least without redoing the crash testing.

Last edited:
The lever was just buttons, So it cut the shaft to save some costs? No linkage to trans or anything with the old shifter.

True, it's just my user interface preference. If you grab the lever, you are limited with what you can do with it and it guides you to your options. You can be rougher and less accurate but still obtain the desired result.

However, hunting in free space for a button is more likely to require looking down (at first, anyway). You could argue that, in time, touch guides you to the correct button without looking, but I still prefer a lever :)

I'm with you on that walk_n_wind. I would prefer they used a mini lever or joystick of some sort. It needs a UI that never requires looking.

Imagine if a 6-speed manual transmission had buttons laid out in a line on the center console, and you had to press the right button to switch to each gear as you drove. That would be HORRIBLE. This is loosely similar.

Actually, the picture makes me more happy with the 2008 layout - it's more purposefully spartan. Of course, I was looking towards that kind of counterpoint to the 911's overdone interior. I just need to replace the knobs with something a little less cheap looking. And the stick has grown on me, though I still think I'll want to cut it down to a stubby at some point.

That new interior needs less leather, and needs to make the carbon fiber less subtle.

I also think the JVC unit gets a bad rap - all head units are going to have a radio reception problem if the antenna issue isn't fixed, and the JVC UI isn't nearly as bad as the 911's radio was. It's far more usable than what you get in a BMW or Merc! The iPod integration isn't at Alpine levels, but it's also pretty easy to stick it into 'dumb aux' mode, and that, with the Proclip adapter Steve made, is pretty sweet.