Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Nashville owners/wanters - dealership and service center coming to Cool Springs.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Based on reports in the Nashville Business Journal and The Tennessean newspaper, Tesla applied to the Brentwood Planning Commission to modify an old dealership in Cool Springs to be both and dealer and service center. It didn't sound like much effort was going to be needed to get this thing up and running.

Tesla's been planning this for a while and the Nashville service center has been listed as "coming soon" on their site for quite a while. I'd heard that they were planning on having it open by the end of last year, but obviously that ran into snags.

Love that they're opening a service center in the area, but wish it were more centrally located. Not all of us live all the way the hell out in Cool Springs. ;-)

Nashville | Tesla Motors

Tesla's been planning this for a while and the Nashville service center has been listed as "coming soon" on their site for quite a while. I'd heard that they were planning on having it open by the end of last year, but obviously that ran into snags.

Love that they're opening a service center in the area, but wish it were more centrally located. Not all of us live all the way the hell out in Cool Springs. ;-)

Nashville | Tesla Motors

I hear you. It is very convenient for me, but certainly not for everyone. It is consistent with the luxury car market in Nashville, though. As you know, Audi, Porsche, Jag all moved to Cool Springs. Plus, Maserati and Bentley opened up there a year or two ago.

The supercharger in Chattanooga is what will probably get me off the fence to buy.

Nashville | Tesla Motors

Cool Springs is a long way from Hendersonville! The traffic can also get bad on I65 South.

We need locations in the Chattanooga and Nashville areas to open up the access between Florida and the Upper Midwest (in addition to more sites in KY and GA). The 2015 map gives us some hope.

Only one red dot in Alabama, way down in Montgomery, and only in 2015. :-(

I think drivers from Nashville would appreciate an SC at Decatur, AL on I-65. Athens, AL might be better for more things to do close to interstate but Decatur would be better for an east-west passage from Chattanooga to Memphis.

Put one in the Birmingham area so I can drive to the Barber Motorsports park in Leeds! Birmingham would feed the Montgomery SC for those headed to Panama City Beach and the SC's already planned on I-10 connecting Florida to Texas.

- - - Updated - - -

Service Center/Showroom target date is August 1 if all goes well with the Brentwood planning commission. August 1st is the date Tesla starts paying rent on the building according to the landlord so I would imagine they are looking to get it done by then. The sooner the better!

1641 Westgate Circle, Brentwood, TN. Used to be a Honda, Acura, or Toyota dealer?

On other side of interstate I bought an Infiniti G20 in 1993.

stopped by the proposed Nashville Service center location in Brentwood and very good news... they have started gutting the building and the build out is underway! Spoke to the crew there and they seem to think they can get it done in 2 to 3 months.

I wanted to drive up to Brentwood this past Sunday evening for Greg Gutfeld's book signing tour but too much else happened that day. Was thinking I could park and top off my charge at a Blink charger in a Cracker Barrel parking lot while getting book signed but had no idea whether too many others would have the same idea.

(Cross-posted from the teslamotors.com forums)

Okay, so I'm officially very confused. Though this article in the original post and others have pointed to Brentwood/Cool Springs as being the location of the upcoming Nashville-area Tesla service center, Tesla's own Service website (http://www.teslamotors.com/findus/service) now lists the address as: 5259 Harding Pl, Nashville, TN 37217
Which very definitely ain't Brentwood.

Screen Shot 2014-05-02 at 11.47.27 PM.png

Must be the case. This is the first time the web site has shown a store/gallery. It has always just indicated "service". I went by the Brentwood site last Sunday and the interior demo has a ways to go. It is an awfully big space to just be a gallery. I wonder if they are leasing that space by the airport (as you mentioned above) to be for more significant service and that they plan to do "intake" at the Brentwood location and then move it over to the Harding Place location if need be. Although, there was an article in the county paper that indicated that Tesla was very interested in the "state of the art" green vehicle lifts already in the Brentwood location. Perhaps the Harding Place property is just for interviewing mechanics/employees pending the opening of Brentwood? Certainly surprising to me that they would lease two locations in Nashville.

Last edited:
UPDATE:
So is Tesla opening both a service center and a store here in Nashville? The find locations page on the Tesla site seems to indicate that BOTH are coming soon, which is a possibility I simply hadn't been considering. It already seemed too good to be true that we'd be getting a service center - having a store as well is just kind of shocking.

The Brentwood location is definitely the service center. Here is a shot of the back of the building I took tonight. Not sure what the other address is... smoke and mirrors perhaps?
download

Service Center/Showroom target date is August 1 if all goes well with the Brentwood planning commission. August 1st is the date Tesla starts paying rent on the building according to the landlord so I would imagine they are looking to get it done by then. The sooner the better!

here is the article link on the Tesla forum:

Service in Nashville | Forums | Tesla Motors

looks like the Service Center will be built out in the next few weeks! Stopped by today and major progress has been made. Thanks to all the hardworking construction workers and Tesla folks that are driving hard to make this happen so quickly!