Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Noise on Slight Release of Brake with Creep On

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I drive with creep mode ON.

After coming to a complete stop as a result of applying brakes, when I start to release the brakes slightly, I hear a friction noise that feels like the wheels are just starting to slip through the brake friction. I can even feel the faint vibration from the friction. Is this normal?

I've heard that sound. My best guess is that it really is the brake discs starting to slip through the pads. If the surface of the discs isn't perfectly smooth, which it often isn't due to little rust spots or what-have-you that are normal, then you get a bit of noise.

I've heard that sound. My best guess is that it really is the brake discs starting to slip through the pads. If the surface of the discs isn't perfectly smooth, which it often isn't due to little rust spots or what-have-you that are normal, then you get a bit of noise.
Exactly. The engine is just pulling through the light resistance, same as in an ICE automatic transmission. The Model S is ultra-quiet at such low speeds so perhaps it's more noticeable depending on what cars a person has driven before.

Talk about being spoiled for life :)

Congratulations iffatall!

Yes, congratulations! Spoiled!

I'm still a firm believer that a first car should be something like a '74 Dodge Colt or an '85 'vette -- no, not that type... CHE-vette. Bumblebee yellow Chevette with black stripe.

For my kids, their crappy first car will be a used Prius, I think.

You have to learn to drive a complete pile of crap so that you can appreciate the cars you have later. :)

Model S is your first car? Awesome, congrats!
Talk about being spoiled for life :)
Congratulations iffatall!

Thanks :rolleyes:... I got the car four months into my first job. It was not an impulse buy though... had been planning for over a year for it, while in grad school. Had to spend all my past (and future) savings :tongue:.

Yes, congratulations! Spoiled!

I'm still a firm believer that a first car should be something like a '74 Dodge Colt or an '85 'vette -- no, not that type... CHE-vette. Bumblebee yellow Chevette with black stripe.

For my kids, their crappy first car will be a used Prius, I think.

You have to learn to drive a complete pile of crap so that you can appreciate the cars you have later. :)

I know, I have been thinking the same. I'd always been afraid I would never truly appreciate the car.