Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pikes Peak Hillclimb Rally June 29 2014 Who's Going?!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2013PPIHC_LoebAtFinish.jpg

Is anyone in CO (or anyone from out of state) going to be attending this years hillclimb event? Would anyone be interested in meeting up for Fan Fest and possibly do a group photo shoot? More info on the event:
http://www.ppihc.com/

Let me know if you're going and I'll start a roll call!
Tim

Looks like an early morning/all night adventure to get a parking and viewing spot up high...

From 2014 Spectator Guide | PPIHC:
Saturday from 8:00pm-10:00pm:

All parked vehicles must pull over to the far shoulder of the right lane. No vehicles can park in the left (downhill lane).

Saturday 10:00pm- Sunday at 2:00am:

All parked credentialed vehicles must park on the far right hand side of the road. All parked spectator vehicles must park on the far left hand side of the road (gateway open at 3:00am for spectators) There must be an emergency lane through the middle.

- It is very important that you are in your parking area well before the race start time of 8:00 a.m. Uphill traffic will be stopped as follows:

6:45 a.m. – Uphill traffic stopped at Glen Cove or until parking is full

7:00 a.m. – Uphill traffic stopped at Ski Area and Halfway Picnic Grounds or until parking is full

7:00 a.m. – Uphill traffic stopped at Start Line or until parking is full

7:30 a.m. – Uphill traffic stopped at Crystal Reservoir or until parking is full

I think it's a Colorado right of passage to watch this race in person! :cool:

The Fan Fest for the race is actually the event that I wanted to have a meet-up at. Here is some info about the Fan Fest:

June 27th, 2014

Fan Fest is the annual pre-race celebration held in downtown Colorado Springs (Tejon St. between Colorado Ave. & Bijou St.) promoting the Pikes Peak International Hill Climb. This event is FREE and typically features a large Budweiser beer garden,a chili cook-off, motorcycle jumpers as well as other live entertainment. Top race qualifiers will display their vehicles (cars, quads, motorcycles, etc.), give driver demos and be present for autograph sessions.
In addition, the PPIHC mobile museum will be on-site and exclusive PPIHC merchandise will be available for purchase.
The 2014 Pikes Peak International Hill Climb Fan Fest will be held on Friday, June 27th, 2014. Fan Fest is expected to once again bring over 30,000 people to beautiful downtown Colorado Springs.
If you are interested in being a exhibitor or vendor at fan fest, please sign up here.
If you are a competitor interested in displaying your vehicle, sign up here. Space is limited.
Fan Fest begins at 5:00 pm and goes until 10:00 pm.

I am trying to talk to some organizers and vendors that I know who might be able to give everyone their own designated Tesla parking area. If I can get enough cars I think I can make this happen. I will also be doing some event cover

Yes, I'm going out....haven't seen the race since 1958. I plan to get be there 6/27 - 7/3. Driving out from Lake Forest, IL. Taking I-90 because there are no Superchargers on I-80. This adds 300 miles to the trip (1390 vs 1185 miles).

- - - Updated - - -

Oooops...typo! I meant 1390 vs 1085