Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

LADWP EVSE rebate

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I see that the $750 rebate from LADWP for residential level 2 EV outlet install is for "equipment", not installation - for those of you who got a garage plug added and received this rebate, how did your bill break down, and how much of a rebate did you get? Specifically wondering about NEMA14-50, but those of you who got an HPWC feel free to chime in as well.

https://www.ladwp.com/ladwp/faces/wcnav_externalId/r-sm-rp-ev?_adf.ctrl-state=682jd2l0t_4&MAF_IB_543112550=A4H5UVNurJmmXKni2F6R0ZonXDkdiNDO8iV8POh5re4M3na&_afrLoop=731274254920095&_afrWindowMode=0&_afrWindowId=null

Interesting that the LADWP rebate application says that the Level 2 charging station must have a J1772 connector...So it looks to me that a Nema 14-50 for the UMC that comes with the car wouldn't qualify (because you're not buying a level 2 unit) and the HPWC also wouldn't qualify (because it doesn't have a J1772 connector)....Might be worth a call to LADWP to ask a few questions....Maybe they meant to disqualify Teslas, or maybe it was just an oversight and a lack of knowledge of what's out there......

Interesting that the LADWP rebate application says that the Level 2 charging station must have a J1772 connector...So it looks to me that a Nema 14-50 for the UMC that comes with the car wouldn't qualify (because you're not buying a level 2 unit) and the HPWC also wouldn't qualify (because it doesn't have a J1772 connector)....Might be worth a call to LADWP to ask a few questions....Maybe they meant to disqualify Teslas, or maybe it was just an oversight and a lack of knowledge of what's out there......

The UMC and HPWC are J1772 electrically, so perhaps an argument could be made.