Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

firearms storage

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Steering Wheel Column Holster Mount/Vehicle Handgun Mount
steering_wheel_mount_1__13607.1390798392.1280.1280.jpg

does anyone have a suggestion where a good spot is for securing a gun while driving?

A quick google turns up a number of gun safes that look like they'd fit in the center area between the seats, though you'd probably want to come up with some sort of cover to put over top of it so it was not so obvious. I suspect you could use matching carpet and it would blend in fairly well.

If you don't need it in the interior of the vehicle, the place in the trunk on the right where the subwoofer goes would be a natural spot. I probably wouldn't put it in the frunk; in the unlikely event you do end up in a situation where the battery needs to vent heat, you don't want your ammunition cooking off as the first responders get there.

I'm sure you could fit a couple of machine guns in the frunk. It could also be possible to make a tilting mechanism for the nose cone, so that you wouldn't need to drill through it. You probably would need to cut into the front bumper to mount the machine guns, though.

thanks but that wouldn't be legal in FLA

- - - Updated - - -

Driver seat kangaroo pouch? (Only with leather interior IIRC) Don't forget the "securely encased" requirement in FL, so it might be an issue of size and where your firearm fits.
that isn't the issue, I just need it to be secure and out of sight, many cars have door "pouches" and that is where I usually keep it but the MS doesn't have these compartments in the doors

- - - Updated - - -

I'm sure you could fit a couple of machine guns in the frunk. It could also be possible to make a tilting mechanism for the nose cone, so that you wouldn't need to drill through it. You probably would need to cut into the front bumper to mount the machine guns, though.
thanks for the comic relief

thanks but that wouldn't be legal in FLA

- - - Updated - - -

that isn't the issue, I just need it to be secure and out of sight, many cars have door "pouches" and that is where I usually keep it but the MS doesn't have these compartments in the doors

- - - Updated - - -

thanks for the comic relief

I'm not sure how "out of sight" it needs to be, or how "secure," to comply with the law. The shelf under the nav screen is discrete and probably large enough for a small pistol if you don't put anything else in there. It's not completely hidden, though, and in fact you can see into it pretty well from directly behind the car if you are the right height.

Otherwise, I think you're stuck with the glovebox. That's about the only covered storage inside the car.

Sitting on top of a giant energy source, you'd think we could get some LASER action going on somehow. Machine guns are so 20th century.

that looks like it could work, in my LEAF the gun goes into the door pocket

- - - Updated - - -

I carry my Sharps 45-90 black powder Buffalo Rifle (51" long) in the back. Only place it will fit. Only requirement in CA is that I don't have the ammunition carried in the same area. Right. Try to find any.

Well, it IS a gun. Not very concealable, if that was the problem.
not wanting to get into semantics, I should have specified handguns, your long gun could just ride in a bag secured inside the backseat or trunk