Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

rumor: whitestar to be designed by henrik Fisker(DB9, Z8)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well, it's about time we hear something on Whitestar. I like it! If Whitestar is set for 2009 production, we need to hear some stats.

And why shouldn't Tesla start taking deposits on Whitestar? They could make some serious interest on deposits. With the Roadster, they have about 400 orders and probably about $20m. in deposits.
-Dave

Previous Tesla blog posts have mentioned a possible BMW 5 series based design. So much for the MEGA scoop.

ZAP updated the ZAP-X page and is now taking advance orders. It seems there will be various models based on speed/range/price/# of occupants. Top price is 100k.

Telsa have previously described Whitestar as being targeted at the same market segment as the BMW 5-series. They didn't say it would look similar, although one might have guessed it would. Luxury cars tend to be conservatively styled and -- to my eyes at least -- all look about the same.

However. . . The only interesting rumor I've heard about Whitestar is that they've put some effort into streamlining it and reducing aerodynamic drag (moreso than with the Roadster, surely). They realized this was the only way to hit its range requirements. So if you imagine something halfway between a BMW and a bar of soap, you might be on the right track. :)

If ZAP is serious about competing with Tesla, they're going to need to give a few more details prior to consumers plopping down $25K. They need some more interactive and up-to-date content on their site as well, so they can communicate exactly what the game plan is with the ZAP-x to increase the traffic to their site.

Still, I hope they're successful.

I've sent ZAP two emails regarding ZAP-X and their stock. No response yet.

When Tesla begins to take deposits for WhiteStar, they would probably have provided so much data by then that we will be able to make an informed decision. ZAP would benefit by a similar approach.

There will come a day when some lucky person (not me) has a Roadster, WhiteStar and ZAP-X parked in their driveway.

Iz, I'm saving up for one of the $50-75K models. I'd trust Tesla at this point. I wouldn't trust buying ten shares of ZAP stock. Their PR exec should take a hint. I check their blogs periodically as well as their news, and it doesn't say squat. The one thing ZAP-X has going for it, is a release date of late 2008-2009.