Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Possible to Change Trim/Decor Post Production?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I recently purchased a used P85. The only thing that I'm not the biggest fan of is the lacewood interior. Does anyone know if it's possible to have the service center order the carbon fiber or other trim/decor and swap it out? I understand this would probably require both ordering the trims and labor. I looked around and couldn't find an answer on the forums.

Thanks!

I suspect that if you are willing to pay for it they will do it for you. I know it's possible because the service center recently replaced the vertical obesche matte wood (old style) with the horizontal one on their demo car so that customers could see what the horizontal looks like. I don't know if they would have had to replace the armrest part as well for that.

BTW, if you do ask, let me know how much it costs. When I ordered my car I really wanted Carbon Fiber but that was only available on the P85 and was told there was no way to choose Carbon Fiber on an S85. Three weeks after confirming they changed the options and made it possible, but by that point my car was in production.

Yeah, I'll let you know. I figured it would be possible as I saw pictures of the trim before attached to the car. Looked like it just snapped in.

Haven't seen the car in person yet, perhaps I'll taking a liking to the Lacewood. I don't know though, I'm leaning towards Carbon Fiber myself too.

Another thought-- if you can wrestle the trim from the dash, take to a local cabinetry shop (if you're not comfortable doing it yourself, that is) and have them re-stain the lacewood.

I was considering this as possibility myself and have a friend who does that kind of work, he said it would be no problem at all to turn the grey lacewood into what I REALLY wanted, which was something like this (which would be stunning):

http://www.cmstatic1.com/7606/c/lacewood-jewel-case--MjkyLTc2MDYuMzI3OTI=.jpg
http://www.cmstatic1.com/7606/c/lacewood-jewel-case--MjkyLTc2MDYuMzI3OTI=.jpg

You could always have it wrapped with Gloss Black 3M DI-NOC Carbon Fiber DINOC Flex Wrap CA-1170

ryquga4e.jpg