Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

No "P85+" logo on main screen or dashboard, just "P85"

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Simple question -- I just took delivery of a P85+ "inventory" car which has P85+ badging on the rear, as well as (I assume) all of the + features, including the 21" rims. The original sticker also indicates that this car has the Performance Plus package.

But when I bring up the "Tesla Info" screen by tapping the Tesla "T" on the main screen, or the driver's dashboard, it only displays "P85" without the "+".

I know this is a really minor point, but is this by design, or can TM tweak the interface to show the proper badging in the user interface?

thanks.

Mine has the P85+ on the About Screen and the Instrument Cluster (see below). Note, I still have FW v5.6. Maybe there was a bug in later versions that removed it. Hope it comes back in v6.0 so I don't lose it when I upgrade.

Attachments

• P85Plus-1.jpg
    P85Plus-1.jpg
    395.1 KB · Views: 839
  • P85Plus-2.jpg
    P85Plus-2.jpg
    465.8 KB · Views: 763
  • P85Plus-3.jpg
    P85Plus-3.jpg
    550.8 KB · Views: 771
Last edited:
I also have an inventory P85+ (July build) that only displayed "P85". I mentioned it when I had the car at the SC for some other stuff. They were not able to fix it with their equipment so they contacted Tesla HQ who did a remote fix. It now displayes "P85+" on both the center and gauge screen. I don't know if you even need to take the car in, might be enough to call service and they could do it OTA.

Mine said P85+ at delivery. "Downgraded" to P85 during one of the updates in the late fall. Service Center said they couldn't fix and that I need to follow up with HQ/Ownership, which I've never gotten around to doing. I guess at this point I'll wait for 6.0 and if it's still broken then complain to HQ/Ownership.