Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

GREEN full matte wrap, black matte on the chrome, and tinted windows

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

NJ Plugin

Supporting Member
Apr 9, 2013
I want to thank Lee at Leeberbs and Greg from Signature Detailing who did a wonderful job on my green Model S.

We did a full Suntek matte wrap over my green paint, covered all the chrome trim in matte black (except the Tesla T and badging in the back), and Wincos tinting on the windows (45% on the fronts, and 30% on the back and hatch). Using Rick's lighted Tesla T in the front, Lee wrapped the front in matte black also.

Here are some pictures. With the wrap, the green looks black (or very dark) in more lighting conditions than before. Now I need to do something about my wheels, probably will powder coat them.

photo 1 (2).JPG

photo 1.JPG

photo 2 (3).JPG

photo 2.JPG

photo 3 (2).JPG

photo 3 (4).JPG

photo 3.JPG

photo 4 (2).JPG

photo 4 (3).JPG

photo 4.JPG

photo 1 (4).JPG

Last edited:
Reactions: UnpluggedP
Thanks guys...

I knew the wheels would have to addressed/changed. Most likely will powder coat my 19" wheels, don't think I would go with gold though Jason...a bit too flashy for me, and I do not want to have to deal with winter/all seasons with the 21's.

As far as price goes Hank (and anyone else), Lee would prefer I not post the price, but anybody can contact Lee (the link to his FB page is in post #1) for a quote, or IM me here and I would gladly reply. Lee is in Central NJ, in Hillsborough, and has done many Model S's paint protection wraps and tinting.

In general not a fan of changing rims. But with that matte you need gunmetal or darker rims. I would even thing power coated black would look great.

I assume that is a translucent 'matte' film over a standard green color. Or is that green opaque film?

Looks nice. Not my style but looks nice.

I'm curious, since I apparently don't know how this works.

Is the wrap a clear matte film, and the green the original color of your car, or is the wrap a green opaque matte totally covering the original color of your car?

I'm looking over LeeBerbs facebook page, and I'm dying to get this color: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.558898444177669.1073741849.249735685093948&type=3 assuming that it's available as a wrap and not a full re-paint job.

Is the wrap a clear matte film, and the green the original color of your car, or is the wrap a green opaque matte totally covering the original color of your car?

I'm looking over LeeBerbs facebook page, and I'm dying to get this color: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.558898444177669.1073741849.249735685093948&type=3 assuming that it's available as a wrap and not a full re-paint job.

Some are clear films (also known as clear bra) for the entire car: https://www.facebook.com/leeberbs/photos/pb.249735685093948.-2207520000.1393576422./605509539516559/?type=3&theater

Or they can be wrapped in color (usually matte or some satin finish. search for 3m car vinyl wrap) - https://www.facebook.com/leeberbs/photos/pb.249735685093948.-2207520000.1393576422./605860529481460/?type=3&theater

In general not a fan of changing rims. But with that matte you need gunmetal or darker rims. I would even thing power coated black would look great.

I assume that is a translucent 'matte' film over a standard green color. Or is that green opaque film?

Looks nice. Not my style but looks nice.

Sorry, I missed these questions until today...

Yes, it is aa translucent clear matte finish, so the original color comes through. I have seen pictures of the blue on TMC which looks great, and Leeberbs did a grey that looked great also.

I am on vacation this week, away from my car, so next week I will look into powder coating the wheels.

How did they do the Tesla T, "Model S", and "85" badges on the back? Does the wrap get carefully cut around the badges, or do they take the badges off and stick them back on to the wrapped surface afterwards?

I have the lighted Tesla T in the front, and I had Lee wrap the top of that, it was off the car when he did it, and he cut the matte wrap on the nose cone around the original T.

As for the back badging, I wanted them left chrome...I am not at my car right now, but I suspect he cut around those also. I will check when I get back from vacation.

I think it looks great! Wrap is much cleaner than dipping the whole car. That looks like my car, except for the whole matte finish :wink:

Hey, come join the Green Tesla Group too! (click on the little green icon under my screen name)

Thanks Chris, I just joined the Green group.

Hank, that is a clear paint protection film. Charlie is a member here at TMC (I forget his handle though). Charlie told me it is very shiny and very easy to maintain, water beads right off it, and he just towels it clean.