Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My wife is done hearing about it...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We arrive home from vacation yesterday to a large pile of mail. The wife is flipping through and I hear a large gasp from across the room. I turn to see her holding up a letter from Tesla (my "thank you" letter from Jerome...ordered last week). She is wide eyed with mouth open and gives me (insert sarcastic voice):
"HONEY!!! A letter from Tesla! But look, the 'Tesla' on the return address section is RED. Haven't other people gotten had BLACK writing?!?!? What does it mean?!?!?!? You better post this on that forum as soon as possible to figure out if maybe it means there is a new option or color available!!!"

Obviously my obsessive compulsiveness after reading this forum over the last six months has reached a crescendo. Perhaps it's time to stop with the "Honey, check out this picture" or "Honey, this guy is saying this may soon be an option." Now that I'm "confirmed" I better give her a TMC running-commentary break for the next few weeks (April delivery). :smile:

She is wide eyed with mouth open and gives me (insert sarcastic voice):...SNIP...
"HONEY!!! A letter from Tesla! But look, the 'Tesla' on the return address section is RED. Haven't other people gotten had BLACK writing?!?!? What does it mean?!?!?!? You better post this on that forum as soon as possible to figure out if maybe it means there is a new option or color available!!!"

Obviously my obsessive compulsiveness after reading this forum over the last six months has reached a crescendo. ...SNIP...
That's odd. My letters have always been black writing.

Maybe you owe them money? Rumor has it they color code that kind of thing. Very detail oriented.

(j/k)

Great story and same here except that I also have three daughters who bug me about being on this forum, reading the owner's manual (that I printed), going through my Tesla box, ordering more Tesla stuff, organizing the garage, and counting down the days that I get it! But you got it right, you came back from a vacation and then you will get your car. I get mine on March 4 (hopefully) then go on a Caribbean cruise on March 14. I've never less looked forward to a vacation than this one.

My wife is done hearing about it and I haven't even committed yet.

She told me this morning that Tesla has become a compulsion and she thinks it's weird. Haven't had a chance to take her on a test drive, but it appears it's time.

Or it could be the situation in my house... I'm the obsessed one, and I'm the wife. I get the eye roll every time I mention something from this forum, or every time I talk Tesla with someone. Not everyone is happy with an aging pickup truck, dear.

When I was waiting to take delivery I think he was considering some sort of intervention, it was that bad!

That's a good story, MiddKid.

My wife gave me a really hard time before we got our first EV (a RAV4), too. She'd just roll her eyes when I started telling people about my search to find an EV. (I started in 2006).

She lightened up a bit after she had a chance to drive it; after just a few weeks she took it on as her own. She lightened up even more after we got the Roadster and I explained Tesla's master plan; in fact then she wanted a Model S.

Now that we have had the Model S for a while...well, she went with me to the State Capitol last week to testify on an EV-related bill.

It's hard to avoid being sucked in.

image.jpg

Had to work both days this weekend in an attempt to meet a scheduled deadline. She's encouraging. BTW I'm the only person in my household that does NOT have his or her own EV :eek: So she knows! ML

Good to know I'm not alone...not only in the strange looks but also the three daughter thing (I'm with you @Canuck...ages 8, 6, and 3)!

I just showed the wife this thread and she got quite a chuckle. Followed by "people put their car specs in their messages???" I've given up getting her to understand...I'll need to go dark with her until the car gets here ;-)