Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Took my 2nd road trip: from ATL to Asheville

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
And the car performed flawlessly. Range miles were very close to rated if I held it below 65MPH with no HVAC. Return trip on Saturday was GORGEOUS and the sun roof is amazing to enjoy.. I bet you folks in California get to enjoy that almost every day!
Few thoughts: wish I had 19's but I bought a loaner with 21's... I bet my #'s would be way better. The sun roof opened to 25% is MUCH more quiet than with it on vent... And the last thing is more of a question? I wonder if your drag is increased more by cracking the sunroof or the front windows? I ended up settling on the roof at 25% which seems more quiet than cracking the two front windows. It was such great weather, the HVAC was unnecessary.. All we needed was a little fresh air. But which is more efficient? Any fluid dynamics geeks want to take a stab at a hypothesis?

Interesting questions here, you might want to change the title to have something to do with the sunroof….

You are actually thinking that it is more quiet with the sunroof than with the vents on? Hm… not my experience just because you hear the ambient traffic noise. Are you referring to driving on a freeway? more details please.

The sun roof opened to 25% is MUCH more quiet than with it on vent...

Turn the AC off, and run the air through the vents. (You can put the temp way down to prevent heating) Much more aero than any sort of open window, or roof.

I know it isn't the same, but unlike an ICE car you basically get the same temperature air as outside.

Where did you charge in Ashville?
Hilton Asheville Biltmore Park - Electric Car (EV) Charging Station - PlugShare

- - - Updated - - -

Turn the AC off, and run the air through the vents. (You can put the temp way down to prevent heating) Much more aero than any sort of open window, or roof.

I know it isn't the same, but unlike an ICE car you basically get the same temperature air as outside.
Indeed- I've done this from time to time as well just not on this trip