Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ad on TMC sends you over to the App Store on iOS

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone else bothered by the banner Ad for "Game of War" that apparently send you over to the App Store page for said game without user interaction? It happens every time that ad appear on my iPad. It's getting old fast :mad:

Should ads be able to inject JavaScript into the page like that?

I'm understanding the need for ad revenue, and even if some of the ads appearing here are borderline creepy I can ignore and tolerate them. But the App Store hijack is just too much... It must breach the agreement between TMC and the ad provider, no?

That really shouldn't happen. If you can capture a screen shot of the ad, I believe I can report it to Google.

Yep, here it is:

image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    211.6 KB · Views: 162
Last edited:
Redirected to App Store (iOS)

Several times today, while visiting this site on my iPhone, the App Store app pops up and takes me to Candy Crush Saga. Just the mere act of opening a TMC page causes this to happen. What's up with that?

Hmm... any more info? Was there a candy crush ad showing or something?

Someone else reported something similar, and it was related to a Google Adsense ad. Can you get a screen shot?

I did, in fact, take a screenshot the last time this happened. Not sure if it shows anything useful. No candy crush ad. Anything else I should keep a lookout for?

IMG_1190.PNG

This has been around for a while:

Safari problem? Virus, trojan, spyware,...: Apple Support Communities

Blocking certain ad-tracking websites explicitly could help. Turning JavaScript off altogether - yes, not really a workable solution - will prevent it too.

Kudos, markb1, for attempting to use the full TMC website on the iPhone screen! Tapatalk is way more usable on the tiny screen.

I just wanted to find out how the copyright banners are different in the screen shots. One says that TMC is "not directly affiliated with Tesla" and the other says TMC is "an independent enthusiast organization". Do different browser put up different banners?