Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charger in Pullman?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
One post indicated the dearth of EV chargers in Pullman. I wonder how many Tesla owners are WSU alumni, or have children/grandchildren attending WSU. If there are sufficient number, would you want to petition WSU and/or Pullman to put in chargers?

When I drove to Pullman for our youngest son's graduation last year I contacted the electric vehicle group at WSU to see if they had a charger. "No." I think Plug-In North Central Washington could assist in getting a unit placed at the WSU Visitor Center or some other location. The first step is to find a Host Location willing to pay for the installation, maintenance and electricity. If that can be accomplished the raising of $2,300 for a Clipper Creek 90 or perhaps a Clipper Creek 80/100 would not be that difficult.

Oh my. From Ritzville or Ellensburg to Clarkston/Lewiston would be very questionable at best. I don't think it could be done. The road between Pullman and Clarkston is one of the steepest grades I have ever travelled.

I'm still hoping for a good route to Boise.

I saw at another thread the following so I think Clarkston to Ellensburg is doable.
We have driven from Clarkston to Ellensburg at least 15 times in all kinds of weather. It is net uphill, and fairly often against the wind. In very cold weather (subfreezing) the 200 mile trip can be a stretch. More than once we have arrived with single digits rated range. If it is cold and/or a headwind, you CANNOT drive the speed limit or above and hope to make it. We take the shortest route (and prettier) through Connell.

A couple of times we have made an insurance stop at the lovely little Tucannon River RV Park, just east of Starbuck. The drive north from Starbuck is a fabulous twisty-fest, if you are in the mood!