Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

delivery set for now but delayed - anyone else?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered a p85+ in Dec and was supposed to take delivery on Feb 20 but it was pushed to the 25th and again to the 27th.

Has this happened to anyone else? My advisor is saying they are all delayed bit I'm seeing people here getting cars even early now so I'm a bit skeptical.

Anyone else? Did they mess mine up and are now repainting it?

I ordered a p85+ in Dec and was supposed to take delivery on Feb 20 but it was pushed to the 25th and again to the 27th.

Has this happened to anyone else? My advisor is saying they are all delayed bit I'm seeing people here getting cars even early now so I'm a bit skeptical.

In the 2013FY call, Mr Musk mentioned that they expect fewer Q1 deliveries because they'll be focusing on production for China and EU. Maybe part of that shift?

your message brought back memories to me. i got mine over a year ago and was so anxious. wasnt as nervous for my own wedding. my experience with company exceptional. dont worry. it will come and be right. if not they will make it so. enjoy the car

order in October. January as prefered delivery month. They said they use to overdeliver so December was possible... then changed to janury, then to february, then to late febaruary, then to early march, then to middle of march... P85+ with all options.

Must say its one of the worst experiences I have had when ordering a new car. The car will be excellent but the ordering and delivery info is just incredibly bad. Beats my experience ordering a Range rover that I did cancell after months of in the dark...

Guess its just to stay calm for a little longer as i guess tesla focus on quarterly numbers rather than customer satisfaction in terms of delivery. meaning they will want my money before march is closed... the car is already produced and probably in tilburg...

You do have some obstacles that I don't as I am located in SoCal and the car is a one day drive away. They are saying everyone's car is being pushed but I see people with delivery dates around mine that are even getting their cars early!

order in October. January as prefered delivery month. They said they use to overdeliver so December was possible... then changed to janury, then to february, then to late febaruary, then to early march, then to middle of march... P85+ with all options.

Must say its one of the worst experiences I have had when ordering a new car. The car will be excellent but the ordering and delivery info is just incredibly bad. Beats my experience ordering a Range rover that I did cancell after months of in the dark...

Guess its just to stay calm for a little longer as i guess tesla focus on quarterly numbers rather than customer satisfaction in terms of delivery. meaning they will want my money before march is closed... the car is already produced and probably in tilburg...

You do have some obstacles that I don't as I am located in SoCal and the car is a one day drive away. They are saying everyone's car is being pushed but I see people with delivery dates around mine that are even getting their cars early!

Yes they seem to batch cars for Europe to optimize the quarterly numbers and US seems the priority to max out sales. no first order first delivery focus. the Atlantic should not add more than max a month of transit. Guess I can survive one more month but still a lousy experience for sure. Hope they listen and fix this...

My delivery date got moved from March 12th to March 18th...

Yup, I confirmed order on Dec 7 and got an original "Late February" delivery date. Then I was told delivery was delayed and would be March 4. Then was told it may be at least another week. At this point I don't even look or ask. It'll come when it comes. If I've waited 2.5 months already, another couple of weeks won't make much difference. And, with the crappy snow and ice we've been having I actually don't mind waiting too much longer. Don't want to drive on these slippery, slushy and potholey roads with my new baby if I don't have to.