Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Pebble App Now on Pebble App Store

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I recently discovered and downloaded Tesla FTW for my Pebble but can't get it to work on my iPhone 5. Has anyone gotten this to work? It seems to install fine but after entering username and password in settings nothing happens. Based on the screenshots, this app will be biggest feature on my Pebble! Can anyone help?

Are you guys trying to log in with your username or your email? Both are valid on the Tesla site, and for some reason other apps (like VisibleTesla) require the email version in order to work. I don't know the reasoning, but you may be seeing something similar on the Pebble.

Thanks GasDoc! If the malicious user also located the car they'd have full access to everything inside. That sure is something to ponder as to whether it's worth the risk. I definitely fall on the "trust everyone until you get burned"-probably need to tighten up my security policies!

Gizmotoy--I was thinking that myself. I re-checked my username/email address on teslamotors.com and it was one in the same so I think I've eliminated that possibility. I think the app is just not quite ready for the iPhone. I might try Android tonight to see if I can get that to work.

Thanks GasDoc! If the malicious user also located the car they'd have full access to everything inside. That sure is something to ponder as to whether it's worth the risk. I definitely fall on the "trust everyone until you get burned"-probably need to tighten up my security policies!

Gizmotoy--I was thinking that myself. I re-checked my username/email address on teslamotors.com and it was one in the same so I think I've eliminated that possibility. I think the app is just not quite ready for the iPhone. I might try Android tonight to see if I can get that to work.

Simple question here... what is the Pebble app for Tesla supposed to do (features, etc)?

Worst case scenario is that someone with those credentials could find your car and unlock it, or crank up the heat repeatedly and run down the battery...

Umm, your credentials also gain access to your 'My Tesla' homepage with your address and other things like your drivers license and insurance. Someone could figure out where you live and open your car? Maybe not drive it away, but if they enable unlocking and actually turning the car ON from the app like some here have suggested, I'd want the security to be nailed down much tighter.

Umm, your credentials also gain access to your 'My Tesla' homepage with your address and other things like your drivers license and insurance. Someone could figure out where you live and open your car? Maybe not drive it away, but if they enable unlocking and actually turning the car ON from the app like some here have suggested, I'd want the security to be nailed down much tighter.

When I got mine in April of 2013 all My Tesla showed was delivery address and accessories mailing address. Why would they need drivers license and insurance?

When I got mine in April of 2013 all My Tesla showed was delivery address and accessories mailing address. Why would they need drivers license and insurance?

When I picked up my car at the factory in December, they asked me to add this information to the 'My Tesla' portal. I suppose they used it to pre-populate the various forms I signed at delivery. I guess I could delete it now, it's yet another potential avenue for identity theft I don't want to leave hanging out there.

When I picked up my car at the factory in December, they asked me to add this information to the 'My Tesla' portal. I suppose they used it to pre-populate the various forms I signed at delivery. I guess I could delete it now, it's yet another potential avenue for identity theft I don't want to leave hanging out there.

So has anyone tried it with an android phone to see if it works on it or is it a problem on both of the OS?

The android app with the appstore is still in beta, and only available to developers. Of course maybe somebody here is a pebble developer with an android device....but for now I am still waiting for access to the pebble app store.

Tesla FTW does work. Success! Initially it did not work until I turned Accessibility ... Device > Accessibility > Pebble (BETA) - turn ON
I normally keep this off since it conflicts with Samsung gestures and multi-window support. I turned on Accessibility for Pebble (BETA); then went back to my phone and under Tesla FTW touched Settings and re-entered my login data for MyTesla account and bingo all good.

I'm totally geeked out. I now control and schedule using Visible Tesla app from my pc or mac when in the office. If you have not tried Visible Tesla it rocks; primarily because it allows you to schedule when to start charging or turn on HVAC.

p.s. you do not need to be developer to download the Beta of Android App store. from
https://developer.getpebble.com/blog/2014/02/19/Android-Beta10/ click download.
enter your login credentials the same ones as on getpebble.com

Tesla FTW does work. Success! Initially it did not work until I turned Accessibility ... Device > Accessibility > Pebble (BETA) - turn ON
I normally keep this off since it conflicts with Samsung gestures and multi-window support. I turned on Accessibility for Pebble (BETA); then went back to my phone and under Tesla FTW touched Settings and re-entered my login data for MyTesla account and bingo all good.

I'm totally geeked out. I now control and schedule using Visible Tesla app from my pc or mac when in the office. If you have not tried Visible Tesla it rocks; primarily because it allows you to schedule when to start charging or turn on HVAC.

p.s. you do not need to be developer to download the Beta of Android App store. from
https://developer.getpebble.com/blog/2014/02/19/Android-Beta10/ click download.
enter your login credentials the same ones as on getpebble.com

I am still struggling to get it to work. Could be a conflict with one of the other apps perhaps but I have Accessibility on and I am running Beta 10 on the phone. Doesn't save or use the settings.

I did have some success writing a Tesla app entirely in Javascript using the Simply.js watch app. Will put it on github soon.

Last edited: