Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Shirts with FTE logo on it?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi David,

Great minds think alike!

Mike Thrasher has done some great example designs for us.

In a day or so I will be sending out a mass mailing to membership showing some examples of T-shirts and polo shirts and soliciting interest from club members.

I'll see if I can attach his preliminary design document to this posting.

Larry

Attachments

• t-shirt email.pdf
    483.5 KB · Views: 325
Last edited:
Is this still in play? Or, does anyone have particularly interesting polo or T-shirts to suggest for enthusiasts? The stock Tesla polo shirts make it look like wearer is an employee. I'd like an interesting/funky/artsy design of some kind.

Hi Alex,

My apologies for the delay, but we don't have much in the way of club resources to devote to these types of projects.

We have placed an initial order for two dozen mens and womens polo shirts with an embroidered club logo in assorted sizes. The club treasury will pay for the initial one-time set-up charges for digitizing the embroidery and we expect the polo shirts to sell for around $20 each not including shipping costs. It is our plan to sell them at cost to our membership.

I am awaiting status as to the delivery, but I am expecting it in a few days. We are hoping to sell some at the Club Med event next weekend to gauge the level of interest and to obtain feedback of what they like and don't like about the shirts. Assuming it is generally positive we will take individual orders from the general club membership and place additional orders with the vendor. We may also consider T-shirts.

As I said we don't have much in the way of resources to devote to this so any merchandising that we do will be rather labor intense to place orders, collect payments, receive merchandise and reship it to the individual members. If there are any club members willing to take on this merchandising activity, please contact me, otherwise we will just have to limp along and do this as my time permits.

Larry

Larry,
I want the polo shirt also. Black is fine for me. Large. Please advise when/how we can order.
thanks!
Kent

Hi Kent,

Personally, I think that the black polo shirts look very stylish, but I believe we're ordered both black and white.

I'm going to be tied up for some time so if I can't get some help we won't be able to pursue the general membership ordering for a while.

Larry

Hi Alex,

My apologies for the delay, but we don't have much in the way of club resources to devote to these types of projects.

We have placed an initial order for two dozen mens and womens polo shirts with an embroidered club logo in assorted sizes. The club treasury will pay for the initial one-time set-up charges for digitizing the embroidery and we expect the polo shirts to sell for around $20 each not including shipping costs. It is our plan to sell them at cost to our membership.

I am awaiting status as to the delivery, but I am expecting it in a few days. We are hoping to sell some at the Club Med event next weekend to gauge the level of interest and to obtain feedback of what they like and don't like about the shirts. Assuming it is generally positive we will take individual orders from the general club membership and place additional orders with the vendor. We may also consider T-shirts.

As I said we don't have much in the way of resources to devote to this so any merchandising that we do will be rather labor intense to place orders, collect payments, receive merchandise and reship it to the individual members. If there are any club members willing to take on this merchandising activity, please contact me, otherwise we will just have to limp along and do this as my time permits.

Larry
Larry, seems its getting to be a bit of work. Esp for you...and your great work facilitating occassional meetups is so appreciated and is more important than a shirt. If we have to do all this repackaging and shipping, etc. maybe its not worth the effort. I had thot you had a vendor who took the design and handled everything, simply selling on their website, etc. I suppose nothing is as easy as it looks.

Larry, seems its getting to be a bit of work. Esp for you...and your great work facilitating occassional meetups is so appreciated and is more important than a shirt. If we have to do all this repackaging and shipping, etc. maybe its not worth the effort. I had thot you had a vendor who took the design and handled everything, simply selling on their website, etc. I suppose nothing is as easy as it looks.

Hi Alex,

I'm going to be traveling quite a bit this and next month, but I'll try to do what I can. If we start by selling the shirts at events we can eliminate the need and additional cost for shipping. For this first batch we're actually picking them up with no shipping at all.

Larry

Hi Alex,

I'm going to be traveling quite a bit this and next month, but I'll try to do what I can. If we start by selling the shirts at events we can eliminate the need and additional cost for shipping. For this first batch we're actually picking them up with no shipping at all.

Larry
Great. I'll watch for them at one of the next events. Hope your travels are enjoyable, and hopefully, not all work. -A

Here's some photos of our polo shirts.
(Sorry about the model. :redface: )

FTE Polo Shirt.jpg

Here's a close-up of the unembroidered club logo.

FTE Embroidery.jpg

As a pilot we sold some polos at our Club Med event and we hope to have some for sale at our Florida House to the Historic Green Village Road Trip on November 22nd.

They are 100% polyester and we are selling them at cost at $20 each.

Sorry for the delay in getting this out to club members, but we don't have the resources to handle merchandising yet. Club member Roger Pressman has gratiously offered to handle the merchandising for us and we hope to eventually be able to sell them, and other club merchandise, to members via the EVAnnex website.

Larry

Larry, could you bring a few up to the Ocala meetup next weekend? I will need either a large or xlarge, and will buy one from you.

Steve

Hi Steve,

If there are any left over from the Sarasota event on November 22nd I absolutely will bring them to Ocala.

We are being careful in how many we order because we don't have the financial resources to maintain a large inventory.

To be clear, the Ocala event is not next weekend, it is on December 6th.

Larry

Hi Steve,

If there are any left over from the Sarasota event on November 22nd I absolutely will bring them to Ocala.

We are being careful in how many we order because we don't have the financial resources to maintain a large inventory.

To be clear, the Ocala event is not next weekend, it is on December 6th.

Larry

Thanks Larry. I don't know what I was thinking about when I said next weekend. Might have been the G&T or red wine from the prior night!