Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hong Kong first deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So, the news is that orders are getting finalised to build cars for the first boat, arriving some time in the summer (June?).

Any guesses who is going to get the first delivery?

I was told Sigs starting in May, while non-Sigs would be June-September, depending on what number in the queue.

Wing Hang Bank seem interested in financing, but their offer will be valid only 90 days, then you have to re-apply. 26 Feb + 90 days will mean a sure need to reapply unless one of the first signatures.

Mine is Signature#28, any chances for me in May? (haven't press the last confirm button yet)

Mine is Sig#35 and I met with Linda this morning, apparently the first delivery will be in June, and mine should be there.

Linda is overseeing Asia's sales from Tesla HQ visiting HK, and I think her info should somewhat accurate. :smile:

The government has several times expressed interests in replacing their vehicles with EVs for major officials. Thing is, currently there are no high-end EVs out there that are suitable (obviously CY can't ride a Nissan Leaf around HK, and have our SAR logo placed at the front of it, and imagine he has to change car on the highway due to battery running out). The Model S can be an option now if they ever want to replace, and if they did, the infrastructure for EVs might progress more quickly, which can only be a good thing for all of us.

I hope he doesn't buy a Tesla. i3 is more suitable for him.

If he was forced to ride in a Tesla Roadster with the top down, I can guarantee that in six months we'd see all sorts of measures to seriously reduce roadside emissions.

He did say that government heads would take the lead in using EVs for their official cars. A Model S is really the only thing suitable for that at the moment.

If he was forced to ride in a Tesla Roadster with the top down, I can guarantee that in six months we'd see all sorts of measures to seriously reduce roadside emissions.

He did say that government heads would take the lead in using EVs for their official cars. A Model S is really the only thing suitable for that at the moment.

I know, but CY in a Tesla is like a joke.

The government has several times expressed interests in replacing their vehicles with EVs for major officials. Thing is, currently there are no high-end EVs out there that are suitable (obviously CY can't ride a Nissan Leaf around HK, and have our SAR logo placed at the front of it, and imagine he has to change car on the highway due to battery running out). The Model S can be an option now if they ever want to replace, and if they did, the infrastructure for EVs might progress more quickly, which can only be a good thing for all of us.

I think there are quite a few Renault EV with AM plate. I don't know the model name but it's like Camry mid size saloon.

Plzzzzz, no Model S for CY :scared: