Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Car wash in Phoenix

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can anyone recommend a good car wash in Phoenix?

Is Danny's any good?

Danny's Full Service Automatic & Hand Car Wash - Phoenix, AZ |

Personally, I avoid Danny's. They did $500 damage to my wife's car once -- and did not respond to my complaints and request to have them cover the repair. We stopped using them after that.

They've been in the news lately -- 11 managers have plead guilty to immigration law violations. New sentence date set in Danny's car-wash hiring case in Phoenix

They also were in bankruptcy a few years ago...

I'd recommend Classic Car Spa instead. It's in North Scottsdale, on Scottsdale Rd a couple miles north of the 101. All hand wash and they do a good job...

I use BJs at 51st and Bell. They do a reasonable job and they familiar with the model s. (There is a brown one that uses that location as well). Just make sure where ever you go, ask for a hand wash, ie, no tunnel.

ps: avoid the wheel dressing. It casts off and extremely noticeable on my white S

I use BJs at 51st and Bell. They do a reasonable job and they familiar with the model s. (There is a brown one that uses that location as well). Just make sure where ever you go, ask for a hand wash, ie, no tunnel.

ps: avoid the wheel dressing. It casts off and extremely noticeable on my white S
I've seen them as they are VERY close to where I work. But I've never used them. I rarely trust car washes, even when they hand wash as they can use towels that leave swirl marks, etc. So, you haven't had any issues with them? Its harder for me to find the time to do the full detail myself since the new daughter.

I wonder would they be willing to use Zaino if I supply it?

I like Classic Auto Spa - its a hand wash, but they use a no-touch tunnel for the rinse and a blower to assist with the drying. Only $10 when you use the Groupon. I've not noticed any swirls from the towels that appear to be microfiber. They wash a lot of high end cars and have multiple locations.

Last edited:

Hey, I'm the guy with the brown car that gets their car washed there! They do a nice job. I get the hand wash option because of the possibility of scraping the rims in the automated channel. This may not be an issue if you have the 19 inch rims instead of the 21s. Haven't noticed an issue with the wheel dressing, but my car is the dark brown.

Ditto on Classic Car Spa on Scottsdale Rd... we haven't taken our MS there yet (still handwashing myself at home) but have used them many times in the past and still take our ICE there. I do know they have done quite a few MS' and definitely do many high end cars.

Personally, I avoid Danny's. They did $500 damage to my wife's car once -- and did not respond to my complaints and request to have them cover the repair. We stopped using them after that.

They've been in the news lately -- 11 managers have plead guilty to immigration law violations. New sentence date set in Danny's car-wash hiring case in Phoenix

They also were in bankruptcy a few years ago...

I'd recommend Classic Car Spa instead. It's in North Scottsdale, on Scottsdale Rd a couple miles north of the 101. All hand wash and they do a good job...

Hey, I'm the guy with the brown car that gets their car washed there! They do a nice job. I get the hand wash option because of the possibility of scraping the rims in the automated channel. This may not be an issue if you have the 19 inch rims instead of the 21s. Haven't noticed an issue with the wheel dressing, but my car is the dark brown.
Hi Kish, I figured that would be you! I might give them a try one of these days, esp since they are slo close to my office. I might ask if I can get a full detail, dropping it off in the AM and picking it up in the afternoon. Esp. if they are willing to use my Zaino.

- - - Updated - - -

I like Classic Auto Spa - its a hand wash, but they use a no-touch tunnel for the rince and a blower to assist with the drying. Only $10 when you use the Groupon. I've not noticed any swirls from the towels that appear to be microfiber. They wash a lot of high end cars and have multiple locations.
Thanks for the recommendation Mark. There's a Classic not too far from where I live, I think.

I've had an OK experience at Danny's at Tempe Marketplace (for the price). Always a hand wash, and I always inspect it before leaving. They all love the car, so they don't mind my high expectations. The first few times I went, they left dirty hand prints on the tan leather piece on the doors, but when I pointed it out, they took care of it.

I only use Danny's for my weekly washes. For high-end, top notch care, use Detail Boss. That's who Tesla hired to fix the early deliveries locally that had spots under the clear coat etc. They are even mobile and can do it in your driveway. I get their mini detail every few months, and they are great. They have higher end services to fix all your swirls, condition the leather etc. They fix a lot of poor care done by other detailers on exotics and Barrett Jackson cars.

I just booked them to clean up my old ICE--finally selling it after it has sat parked for most of the past year since getting my Model S!

Brief update on BJ's. I decided to give them a try. did the hand wash and full detail. I provided them my own Zaino (Z-2 mixed with ZFX) and asked them to do 2 coats.

It took them about 3 hours. Car looked great after, inside and out. I didnt go over it with a fine tooth comb since I was a bit in a hurry, but everything seemed great.

Just took my S to Classic Car Spa in Scottsdale on N. Scottsdale Rd. Hand wash, no tunnel, $30 EXCELLENT job. Had an accumulation of bug guts and corpses after a long drive from Colorado. They did a great job! Highly recommend them.

Just took my S to Classic Car Spa in Scottsdale on N. Scottsdale Rd. Hand wash, no tunnel, $30 EXCELLENT job. Had an accumulation of bug guts and corpses after a long drive from Colorado. They did a great job! Highly recommend them.
I continue to use Classic Auto Spa with good results. The price is even better if you can do a Groupon or Living Social buy - comes out to about $10 per wash, but they aren't always available.

Having read the recommendations I took my 2 month old S to Classic Auto Spa and I will not be returning. They not only left small scratches on the hud but they smeared what can only be described as some form of cheap Armorall on the dash, doors and leather. The amount that was used on the top of the dash causes so much glare that its dangerous to see out the front in bright sunlight. What I thought was a shadow across the glove box was actually a 3 inch smear across when it had only been applied to one area. The doors we also so greasy it comes off on the arm. Had inspected by a detailer today for correction.

I'd skip the Classic Auto Spa. It's been converted to Cobble Stone. They sold me a monthly membership and I asked specifically if it was hand wash, they said yes. When I tried out the membership they just ran it through the normal wash not the hand wash. I took the car there a few times and they left streaks on windows and didn't really touch the interior. I'd skip it.

I'd skip the Classic Auto Spa. It's been converted to Cobble Stone. They sold me a monthly membership and I asked specifically if it was hand wash, they said yes. When I tried out the membership they just ran it through the normal wash not the hand wash. I took the car there a few times and they left streaks on windows and didn't really touch the interior. I'd skip it.

Yes, classic car autospa were GREAT because they have trackless systems for people with aggressive wheel setups, stretched tires, and LOWERED, etc.
They are all now cobblestone and converted the Scottsdale road to plastic. I am going to stop going there as I notice my blk bmw paint getting punished, and their drying process with dirty dry rags rubbing on clear coat isn't helping.

The classic car auto spa's were a nice option when I didn't have time to 2 bucket wash method 2+ hrs in the driveway.

I won't be taking the MS there.

Pretty much no where in north valley with a touch less wash that I have been able to find. Anything on the northside of the 101, n scottsdale, n phx, peoria, etc.

Another person jumping in to urge folks to avoid Danny's. I paid for a detailing service once (not my Tesla) and found buffer trails when they were done. Cars shouldn't look worse after the fact!

The zero-touch ones used to be my go-to, but they require you to park the left front tire in a track and I can't imagine risking damage to the 21s.