Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Financing Tesla vehicles in Canada

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Financing option for my Model S - Canada

Hi,

I started to read about Scotia bank offering Model S financing at 3.99%. That doesn't even seem to be critalized yet - we have no details. Better than a Personal loan at prime + 3-4% but much more expensive than in the US where they get 1.49%, 1.99%,... I have asked my broker to find me the best offer on the market.

Anybody with other ideas. I'll post what my broker comes back with.

PB

Hi,

I started to read about Scotia bank offering Model S financing at 3.99%. That doesn't even seem to be critalized yet - we have no details. Better than a Personal loan at prime + 3-4% but much more expensive than in the US where they get 1.49%, 1.99%,... I have asked my broker to find me the best offer on the market.

Anybody with other ideas. I'll post what my broker comes back with.

PB

Most banks have a product that is essentially a line of credit secured by your house. you can then block a portion of that LOC at a fixed rate for a number of years (say 5) with an amortization period of your choice. Can be amortized on 3 years, 5, 12, 25 as you wish. Like a mortgage. This way you have control over your payments and depending on how low you want the rate, you can lock in for longer periods (again, similar to a mortgage). Currently, you can lock in at about 3% interest for 5 years. Better than the 3.99% with the Scotiabank car loan deal. Only drawback is that you cannot block the rate for more than 5 years but then again, after 5 years you can always revisit your options and for 5 years you are saving 1% a year over the Scotia deal so you have a ways to go if interest rates go up before you end up paying more than Scotia.

Did any of the Sig owners-to-be use the financing option? Doug's post in the Sig thread showed a financing button and mentioned Tesla financing. I would be interested in hearing what rates they offer in comparison to the banks.

I did - they only ask if you would be interested in learning more and require a credit application. Waiting for any follow-up on that to confirm the Scotiabank 3.99% deal.

I spoke to a customer rep on Friday last week about this and was told Scotia bank was providing fixed rates at 3.9% for upto 84 months for financing through Tesla. Nothing official yet afaik but seems to be pretty consistent messaging.

Any updates for Canadian financing? The announcements in April for the USA financing via US bank and Wells Fargo especially with the new resale value guarantee are extremely key to my decision to get a Model S. Apparently Canadian options are coming within "months" so that would hopefully be now or soon (apparently with Scotiabank).
Pi emailed Tesla sales but no reply.

anyone heard anything new? I'm officially in the market for a new car now!