Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lost in Translation

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm sorry to nitpick but I'd like to understand if there's a language issue here. Why do many of your sentences end with multiple periods? It reads like everything is an incomplete/trailed-off thought which I find confusing.

Sorry if you could not understand what I wrote.

I could not understand the / sign you wrote , what does that mean?

By the way whats your opinion on the topic issue?

I could not understand the / sign you wrote , what does that mean?
Can you quote the portion (or at least provide some nearby words for context)? I don't recall using the / character in this thread until this post.

Ah, there it is:
I'm sorry to nitpick but I'd like to understand if there's a language issue here. Why do many of your sentences end with multiple periods? It reads like everything is an incomplete/trailed-off thought which I find confusing.
Here's an equivalent restatement:
I'm sorry to nitpick but I'd like to understand if there's a language issue here. Why do many of your sentences end with multiple periods? It reads like everything is an incomplete or trailed-off thought which I find confusing.

By the way whats your opinion on the topic issue?
I'd like to hear more about it from Tesla. If I was on the forum linked in the OP, I would ask "laumb" to contact Tesla directly rather than just post ugly pictures on some forum about it. In my request to laumb I would ask that he/she forward me the responses from Tesla and, if he/she felt comfortable, have him/her also post the reply to the forum thread after confirming with Tesla that the phrasing in the response is something they're fine with being posted.

"Is the last part (phrasing double-check) required? Shouldn't everything that Tesla sends to customers in e-mail be publicly postable?"
In theory yes, but I double-check as a professional courtesy as many people treat e-mail communications differently than public forum posts.

In short: I don't know enough yet to panic about the issue and feel the best way to reach a positive result for everyone currently involved (and potentially involved in the future) is to take up the issue directly with Tesla first.

I'd like to hear more about it from Tesla. If I was on the forum linked in the OP, I would ask "laumb" to contact Tesla directly rather than just post ugly pictures on some forum about it. In my request to laumb I would ask that he forward me the responses from Tesla and, if he/she felt comfortable, have him/her also post the reply to the forum thread after confirming with Tesla that the phrasing in the response is something they're fine with being posted.

"Is the last part (phrasing double-check) required? Shouldn't everything that Tesla sends to customers in e-mail be publicly postable?"
In theory yes, but I double-check as a professional courtesy as many people treat e-mail communications differently than public forum posts.

In short: I don't know enough yet to panic about the issue and feel the best way to reach a positive result for everyone currently involved (and potentially involved in the future) is to take up the issue directly with Tesla first.

Ok, but why is it an problem to you when people make other people aware of problems like this ? Isnt it better to bring these thinh´gs to attention?