Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The player or the ball?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That was an honest question (as yet unanswered). Why would you take that as an insult?

As far as the other, I'm pretty sure posts here on TMC had nothing to do with Elon's travel schedule. :)

Not the posts here , but the issues that the posts were about :)

We have had an cold/ snowy / wet / rainy winter that will really unfold what this car can take of harsh coditions, already several problems surface. But the tesla co takes this very seriously and give the best of service.

- - - Updated - - -

Lokks like when someone puts problems on display some tesla owners cant tolerate this. got this mail from :dsm363

What is your purpose on this website? You seem to be here to only try and point out 'fires' and causing trouble. Are you shorting the stock? Do you own a Model S? If you truly are a concerned owner that is one thing. Your posts have made your purpose here questionable.

-------
Dear dsm363 i dont have any stocks in tesla, I have a car soon delivered, and i just want to discuss the problems that the car faces in norwegian weather conditions, the tesla company have gone out preatty strong announcing that this car is perfect for winter conditions. And the problems we face are a lot different from your SoCal weaher..

Sad that many here seems to attack the player and not the ball..
A gentleman goes for the ball ,thats how we play football in europe while in the US the players attack the players..
Be gentlemans and play the ball not the player.

Give constructive answers and not threats to how these tesla problems can be disolved and maybe prevented.

I just gor a threat again on how my posts are not constructive.. whats next ? Hate mails?

Thanks!

Newbie, I think your initial post set the tone by posting ONE issue with mold and then speculating "I wonder if this is going to be an common problem on Teslas in wet weather conditions".

So let's stay focused on this one topic. Please check out the regional forums I listed above. Those do talk about some other cold weather issues and how Tesla is resolving, also best tires for handling in snow, etc. That might be useful for a new owner in Norway.

Sad that many here seems to attack the player and not the ball..
A gentleman goes for the ball ,thats how we play football in europe while in the US the players attack the players..
Be gentlemans and play the ball not the player.
My parents called that "magnet ball" when I was quite young. I didn't really look like a sport the way we played it.

- - - Updated - - -

Unfortunately this comes with the territory on these forums...guilty until proven innocent.
It goes both ways. As rlang59 points out, bonnie appears to be the victim in this particular case rather than Newbie.

Not the posts here , but the issues that the posts were about :)

We have had an cold/ snowy / wet / rainy winter that will really unfold what this car can take of harsh coditions, already several problems surface. But the tesla co takes this very seriously and give the best of service.

- - - Updated - - -

Lokks like when someone puts problems on display some tesla owners cant tolerate this. got this mail from :dsm363

What is your purpose on this website? You seem to be here to only try and point out 'fires' and causing trouble. Are you shorting the stock? Do you own a Model S? If you truly are a concerned owner that is one thing. Your posts have made your purpose here questionable.

-------
Dear dsm363 i dont have any stocks in tesla, I have a car soon delivered, and i just want to discuss the problems that the car faces in norwegian weather conditions, the tesla company have gone out preatty strong announcing that this car is perfect for winter conditions. And the problems we face are a lot different from your SoCal weaher..

Negative posts and raising issues is fine and encourage if they are factual. Blowing things out if proportion is not.

Should I publish your PM response to me? I don't think I've seen many people post PMs in threads before.

Negative posts and raising issues is fine and encourage if they are factual. Blowing things out if proportion is not.

Should I publish your PM response to me? I don't think I've seen many people post PMs in threads before.

Probably not, but if it contained offensive or inappropriate language you should definitely forward it to a moderator. that said, the blowing things out of proportion is all a matter of opinion. some people think some things are a big deal, some don't, its not really for us to say what to someone else is or isn't a big deal IMO

The player or the ball? Please Merge

Newbie seems to have a history of posting only negative comments and attempting to blow them out of proportion. It's quite transparent and frankly I thought he had already been banned. Valid criticisms are always welcome, contrary to what some might suggest, but constant unfounded bashing belongs on another site.

Newbie seems to have a history of posting only negative comments and attempting to blow them out of proportion. It's quite transparent and frankly I thought he had already been banned. Valid criticisms are always welcome, contrary to what some might suggest, but constant unfounded bashing belongs on another site.

I'm unaware of any history Newbie may have, but again i point out my earlier comment on 'blowing out of proportion'...that said, we all have the ability to simply not respond to threads that we feel are inflammatory or 'blown out of proportion'.

I'm unaware of any history Newbie may have, but again i point out my earlier comment on 'blowing out of proportion'...that said, we all have the ability to simply not respond to threads that we feel are inflammatory or 'blown out of proportion'.
Not responding to inflammatory posts presents another set of or problems.

Both your post here and this reply belong in one of the other thread Nigel created. (Sorry for the busy work, Nigel.)

Probably not, but if it contained offensive or inappropriate language you should definitely forward it to a moderator. that said, the (a) blowing things out of proportion is all a matter of opinion. (b) some people think some things are a big deal, some don't, its not really for us to say what to someone else is or isn't a big deal IMO
I think you're overly dismissing this [a] as subjective, and you're conflating independent dimensions [a vs. b].

I find examples helpful. Maybe others will as well.

Example A: Blowing things out of proportion
Someone reported they had to reboot the 17" screen to get Slacker unstuck.
John: Should I return my car immediately and ask for a refund?

Example B: Big deal vs. not a big deal
Slacker gets stuck sometimes.
Jimbo: This is horrible. I use Slacker as my primary media source and without it I get homicidal in traffic.
Jack: Doesn't affect me. I use only AM radio and it doesn't have this problem.

I suspect we would all agree that (a) John is blowing things out of proportion, (b) Jimbo thinks it's a big deal, and (c) Jack is being a bit dismissive of Jimbo's concern.

Also, we might agree that Jimbo probably needs to get therapy for his homicidal tendencies and that it's amazing that Jack listens to AM radio exclusively.

I have reported that to Tesla here in the US. My car is normally garaged. However, I was in Florida for a while with the car parked outside. After each rain, when I drove the car, water would drip onto my lap. Tesla said they will look into it when I bring my car in for the annual service in March, as I did not find it important enough to make a special trip to Tesla service.

Now see! This is a useful and well thought out post. He had a similar problem. He pointed it out to Tesla. Tesla is going to fix it for him. He is not currently bothered by it, so he will attend to it in his own time.
He didn't plaster a Fox News headline on his post and try to insinuate that there was something inherently wrong in everybody's car so stockholders should sell as fast as they can.

Also, we might agree that Jimbo probably needs to get therapy for his homicidal tendencies and that it's amazing that Jack listens to AM radio exclusively.

I don't think so honestly, and its exactly the type of thinking that i've quoted above, that i think happens way too often and is expressed way too often on these forums? Is there really the need to insult? Why so quick to do so? Golden rule anyone? That said, the thread where this was originally addressed was regarding MOLD on the inside of his car...is that a) or b) or neither of your examples?

I mean it was MOLD. Mold is nothing to sniff at and simply dismiss.

Now see! This is a useful and well thought out post. He had a similar problem. He pointed it out to Tesla. Tesla is going to fix it for him. He is not currently bothered by it, so he will attend to it in his own time.
He didn't plaster a Fox News headline on his post and try to insinuate that there was something inherently wrong in everybody's car so stockholders should sell as fast as they can.

can you point me to where the fox news headline is, the insinuation, and the stockholders part?

Reread the 2nd sentence you quoted.
I'm unsure of your point other than I was merely pointing out the hypocrisy of your comment. And now you'll point to mine....and around and around we go.

your post also want inflammatory or blown out of proportion. Just hypocritical in that your making a post that was off topic about the off topicness of my post and another's post.