Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Trip between SC Bad Rappenau - SC Lully

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

FVO

Nov 26, 2011
Because we're considering a holiday from Antwerp to the south of France i'm planning my route via the already existing superchargers in Germany and Switserland. The plan is then to sleep in Annecy and drive the second day from Annecy to the Mediterranean sea. With a chargingstop of 2h in Montelimar.
The only very long distance between 2 SC's is from Bad Rappenau to Lully. With just south of Basel a climb to +/-700m. In Nueunburg am Rhein and in Derendingen (CH) i've found a chargingpoint just near the autobahn. And i also know the tricks to save energy and hypermiling, so that's not my question.

My question is; if there is already anyone who has done this trip? And how was it? How fast did you drive to make it, and how much energy/km's had you left over.

We did this stretch in both directions in February. Outside temperature was on both days about six degrees Celsius and the car was fully packed for skiing and had 4 persons on board.

North - South (uphill) in one go was possible but would have meant real slow driving. We decided to make a stop at Freiburg (2h 11kWh) just to be safe.

South - North is possible (down hill) with a little higher speed; we still had five km left in Bad Rappenau. If this makes you nervous it is better to go for a one-hour charge in Freiburg.

In summertime with higher temperatures it should be easier.

Zevenaar Grenoble.jpg

Last edited:
We did this stretch in both directions in February. Outside temperature was on both days about six degrees Celsius and the car was fully packed for skiing and had 4 persons on board.

North - South (uphill) in one go was possible but would have meant real slow driving. We decided to make a stop at Freiburg (2h 11kWh) just to be safe.

South - North is possible (down hill) with a little higher speed; we still had five km left in Bad Rappenau. If this makes you nervous it is better to go for a one-hour charge in Freiburg.

In summertime with higher temperatures it should be easier.

View attachment 50870

I know it is already long ago for you..
Can you provide more details about your Freiburg charging? Where exactly? Access? Cost?
Thanks.

I will go to Grindelwald in September en contacted the Tesla Service Center in Basel. We are welcome to charge there as well. Of course I'm counting on a SuperCharger by then. I also would like to avoid the SC in Bad Rappenau. It's more than 70km in the wrong direction...