Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Stores = More Sales?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How many of you guy’s are like me? I am currently sitting on the sideline and will most likely be for a long time until Tesla opens a dealership that is drivable for me. What I am looking for is a location that I would be able to drive to have the car serviced and return home in one day. So with my location in NH the NY store is really pushing it. What I am curious to know is how many other people are like me are out there? Is the lack of having a dealers close to you prohibiting you from putting down a deposit? If not how are people going to handle any problem that arrives if there car needs to be serviced by the dealer. I suppose the ultimate interim solution would be if Tesla where to devise a plan to drop a loaner off pick up my car, service it and then return it to me as part of a warranty claim. Then the immediate need for dealers wouldn’t be as big a concern and that would be enough to push me over the edge and put my money down but at this point I just can’t commit. Anyone else feeling the same?

Josh

I don't really need a dealer myself. Though living in the capital and cowering 25% of Norways population in my city the chance for a Tesla presence in Norway and not get a dealer in Oslo is pretty slim. What I do need is somewhere to handle servicing. Somewhere I can drop off the car and get repairs done.

Cobos

We have a truck and a car trailer that is used to transport our classic cars. If there is an issue we will put the Tesla into the trailer and driver it to Chicago. My personal opinion is that I would put a deposit down now. By the time you get your car NY will be open. I would get AAA and when I need to go to the dealer I would drive as far as I was conformable driving and then call AAA to flat bed me to the dealer...get a full charge and possibly do the same to get home. Find out how many tows AAA gives for free a year....

it is the cheapest way. you could also meet a paid flatbed at a specific exit or rest stop.