Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Positive Noodles Response - New Supercharger Eau Claire, WI, ICED by NOODLES @_@

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

The Noodle & Company Employees have ICED the spaces. Reason given? That is where they used to park, then Tesla put a Supercharger in, and now their supposed to park by the garbage dumpsters, a whopping 20-30 ft further walk.....

I brought this up with the employees, as well as notified Tesla, as well as another Model S Driver that got ICE'd out brought it up with Noodles employees and got corporate and regional numbers. We were able to charge. One car left after I was finally able to start charging, their was 1!!! open SC when I arrived, well, it was occupied by another Model S Driver that was their before me, he wasn't happy either. While he was charging, a ICE car left, giving me enough room to squeeze my Bohemoth Model S close enough to BARELY get the charge cable connected. I did block that trucks (visable in the video next to my car) Driver side doors, and mine as well, climbed out via passenger side. I did what I had to do, as I had to get back to Milwaukee, which entailed another stop at both Mauston, and then Madison superchargers (And as usual, I was caught in a snow storm, eating A LOT additional power).
When I left Eau Claire, I drove around the parking lot out of site, and then circled back. AS SOON AS I WAS OUT OF SITE OF THE RESTAURANT, ALL BUT ONE NOODLES CARS MAGICALLY WERE MOVED!
Before anyone jumps the gun, at all times we were 100% polite, yet stern. One "uninformed" employee brought up the fact that theirs almost no Model S owners in Eau Claire. I Politely informed him that the Charging Station was not for local owners, but for people who are traveling long distances.

Please excuse me, I just really really needed to Rant one more time. As it is 24 hours later, and talked to a friend in Eau Claire (A non-Tesla Owner) that stopped by the SC again, and all the same vehicles were back parking their once again.
So as of right now, if Noodles & Company in Eau Claire doesn't care about the business that would have been generated by the Tesla Owners (Thats the closest "Fast Food" to the SC, so likely would have gotten a lot of the Model S Business), I believe until they stop purposely parking their, We, as Tesla Owners should not care about them.
And if you will be stopping in Eau Claire to SC, And see ICE's parked their, please stop in the Noodles Restaurant and Voice your opinion, followed by a call to Tesla Supercharger support.

Lastly, I invite Noodles Corporate Management to Publicly Make a apology here, as well as tell us all how Corporate plans to remedy the situation. I doubt that will happen, but it's worth asking.

Thank You everyone for allowing me to rant. Wouldn't have been so bad, but I had my 3 year old with me, but sitting around doing nothing for a 3 year old = angry/crabby 3 year old, on top of that, had another 5 hr drive home (not including the additional supercharging needed in Mauston and Madison).

Cheers everyone, and have a good evening, and those of you on the road, please drive safely!

Last edited by a moderator:
This could be easily resolved by a "others will be towed" sign and an arrangement with a local towing company.

If the tow companies up there are nearly ambitious as they are down here, that ought to do it.
Does Tesla own those spaces? If they don't, they have no right to tow and it's not clear to me why anyone else would tow their own customers' cars. I'm pretty sure these businesses make a lot more money from people driving ICE vehicles than Teslas. There's a stronger argument for employee parking, but a tow company isn't going to be willing to make any distinction like that.

This seems to me to be a very serious problem with the whole Supercharger paradigm of placing many of them on land owned by other companies.

Just tweeted noodles and company (@noodlescompany) my displeasure over this.

Not a big twitter user, I didn't see any twitter posts newer then the 14th? hmm.

Ah, Found it! +1 to you Liz! We also got Iced in Madison. When we returned to the SC after eating (had a Tesla Get-Together in madison). as Madison only has 3 Supercharger Stalls due to the Mall Owners not wanting take up more parking.... SUV parked in one of the stalls despite plenty of open spaces directly next to it. Owner of that vehicle came back right before we left, has a pleasant conversation, she apologized and we all went on our merry way.

Last edited:
Great detective work OP, tracking down the "offenders."

I just called Noodles & Co. to tell them that their disrespect and rude behavior was ensuring that Tesla owners would be thinking twice before they EVER entered another Noodles & Co location, anywhere.

I'd be much more likely to stop by and have noodles than pizza and wings (my $0.02) but would never knowing that I had to wait to charge because an employee didn't want to walk 20 extra feet.

Boycott on! Until we have confirmation from corporate that they will ensure those spots aren't occupied by their employees.

Same goes for any business that has ICI-ing going on. Hotels, same story. They need to do a better job educating staff and guests (non-Tesla) that the charging stations.

Great detective work OP, tracking down the "offenders."

I just called Noodles & Co. to tell them that their disrespect and rude behavior was ensuring that Tesla owners would be thinking twice before they EVER entered another Noodles & Co location, anywhere.

I'd be much more likely to stop by and have noodles than pizza and wings (my $0.02) but would never knowing that I had to wait to charge because an employee didn't want to walk 20 extra feet.

Boycott on! Until we have confirmation from corporate that they will ensure those spots aren't occupied by their employees.

Same goes for any business that has ICI-ing going on. Hotels, same story. They need to do a better job educating staff and guests (non-Tesla) that the charging stations.

It has been reported to me that the new Pleasant Prairie in S/E Wi, about 28 miles south of me, was completely ICE'd Yesterday. That location just opened this past week, and has 8!!! SC Stalls. I will try and stop by and check it out, my schedule has been crazy, and heading out to Niagara Falls to film a Nicola Tesla documentary this Thursday :)

It should be made clear that Tesla pays rent for any dedicated spots. The mall should have informed the businesses, and their management should tell their employees not to park there. If the employees are parking there the key problem is the store owner/manager. So, up the chain you go until you get satisfaction.

It should be made clear that Tesla pays rent for any dedicated spots. The mall should have informed the businesses, and their management should tell their employees not to park there. If the employees are parking there the key problem is the store owner/manager. So, up the chain you go until you get satisfaction.
No, Tesla has said they don't pay rent for most locations. It's a benefit to the businesses in having the supercharges, as it attracts customers who have disposable income (or at least we did before buying the car). It's just common sense the businesses should prohibit employee parking there.

No, Tesla has said they don't pay rent for most locations. It's a benefit to the businesses in having the supercharges, as it attracts customers who have disposable income (or at least we did before buying the car). It's just common sense the businesses should prohibit employee parking there.
It certainly makes sense to prohibit employee parking at a SC or any other desirable spot, but that still leaves the issue of being ICE'd by other customers. Without something like automatic bollards to actively prevent non-Tesla parking I think this whole model of Supercharger siting isn't going to work well at all.

It certainly makes sense to prohibit employee parking at a SC or any other desirable spot, but that still leaves the issue of being ICE'd by other customers. Without something like automatic bollards to actively prevent non-Tesla parking I think this whole model of Supercharger siting isn't going to work well at all.

Yes. At minimum they should have "Reserved for Teslas" signs. It didn't look like there were any of those at the Eau Claire site. Or at least I didn't notice them in islandbayy's video.

A forum member (AudubonB) said that he saw one of the supercharger contracts between Tesla and the host and it did involve Tesla paying rent...

That's really unpleasant, DCWitt. Let me suggest, however - and this is based on the full text of a Tesla<--->landlord contract that I have seen - the Tesla representative you talked to was absolutely correct. Tesla PAYS the landlord a monthly rent on each stall, and as part of that contract, the landlord is indeed responsible for normal maintenance. As in snow removal.

How could it possibly be otherwise? We're discussing a global net of parking stalls, remember.

I think the biggest issue at this SC is that it has no signs indicating anything at all. Usually you get at least half the bays that say Tesla only and then maybe the other half says general parking, but I haven't seen a site that just doesn't have signs at all. Maybe the construction crew forgot to install them?

A forum member (AudubonB) said that he saw one of the supercharger contracts between Tesla and the host and it did involve Tesla paying rent...
Perhaps that was an exception. Elon said at the annual shareholders meeting that they pay little or no ground rent for the supercharger locations. The presence of a supercharger is a benefit to the land owner.

My guess is that they're taking action first, so that they can issue a response that will stick. That's what I'd do, anyway.

Makes me sad ... the first Noodles restaurant was within walking distance of my house in Boulder, next to the Ideal Market. My son and I would walk there on a regular basis. I've been glad to see them grow into a national chain and be so successful. But not if it means they lose control of their employees and start 'not caring' about their image. I hope that's not the case.