Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New spring in front seats

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Taking delivery of my p85+ first week of March and got a call the other day from my DS re: change in direction of wood grain. I asked if I could expect any changes to the seats and he said they just started using a new spring in the front seats that would make them "more comfortable". Unfortunately, no change in lateral support. Has anyone actually sat in the "new" seats??

I have. Approaching build date I felt I needed another jolt of reassurance that I'm not crazy, and went for another test drive just a couple of days ago. The car was right off the truck, not entirely cleaned up inside, even. The advisor said it had the new seats, and whereas I've never found the old ones to be unpleasant, these were, indeed, very comfortable. (My wife doesn't like seats with high bolsters so she's always been happy.) Bottom (no pun?) line: very comfortable to an old guy with a certain amount of intrinsic padding of his own. On a slightly off point note: I'd never tried the lumbar support before, and made it a point to do so this time. Best I've ever encountered. My Acura has adjustable support but I've always needed to use an extra pillow. The Tesla provides a welcome amount of forward adjustment. Goodbye pillow!

i just got my drivers seat replaced because mine was squeaking.

wow... the new padding/spring on the current seats is crazy! i'm a good two inches higher in the car and my hair now touches the ceiling. didn't do that before. (i always have the power seat down to the lowest it can go)