Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Another Tesla fire in a garage, this time in Toronto

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I didn't see this covered anywhere. looks like there was another garage fire incident. February 1st Toronto Tesla Fire - Business Insider

"This latest fire occurred after the owner came home from a drive and left the car parked in the garage. After a few moments, the owner's fire detector went off and the fire department was called. Though the fire was intense, the firemen were able to put it out quickly."

- - - Updated - - -

looks like some custom work on that Model S too - possibly wrapped trimwork and custom wheels?

I didn't see this covered anywhere. looks like there was another garage fire incident. February 1st Toronto Tesla Fire - Business Insider

"This latest fire occurred after the owner came home from a drive and left the car parked in the garage. After a few moments, the owner's fire detector went off and the fire department was called. Though the fire was intense, the firemen were able to put it out quickly."

- - - Updated - - -

looks like some custom work on that Model S too - possibly wrapped trimwork and custom wheels?

I'm skeptical. It wasn't even plugged in? What is the theoretical cause?

In this particular case, we don’t yet know the precise cause, but have definitively determined that it did not originate in the battery, the charging system, the adapter or the electrical receptacle, as these components were untouched by the fire.

So.. a short somewhere?

This reminds me of Fisker's response team:

Shortly after the fire, seven Tesla employees visited the owner of the vehicle. The company also offered to take care of the damages and inconvenience caused by the fire, but the owner declined.

Wonder why they declined damages?

no it wasn't plugged in. no idea what caused it...

tesla-toronto-fire.jpg

tesla-toronto-fire-3.jpg

tesla-fire-toronto.jpg

Don't you just love the leading sentence..

"Earlier this month, a Tesla Model S sitting in a Toronto garage ignited and caught on fire"

Thus suggesting that the car definitely started the fire, as opposed to being in a garage that caught on fire for whatever reason. The pictures of the car don't even suggest significant damage to the vehicle despite the charred remains of the garage. The timing of this article just days before earnings is also quite suspect. Seems a lot like the last incident....

Guess I'll be buying some more shares soon.

article did not give date of incident. Battery, charging equip etc not touched by fire? This will be a non event w blaring headlines saying otherwise for a brief cycle.

Can anyone see the door handle well? To me they don't look like Tesla handles. Even if they were cover black, they don't seem 'flat' to me...Could the car be a Hyundai, or am I just crazy?

In this particular case, we don’t yet know the precise cause, but have definitively determined that it did not originate in the battery, the charging system, the adapter or the electrical receptacle, as these components were untouched by the fire

The company also offered to take care of the damages and inconvenience caused by the fire, but the owner declined.

CONSPIRACY :D

The pictures show that he had some custom 21" maybe he also tuned or tweaked the car.
but that will take tesla under 200 :( I hope they can deliver some good news next week

In this particular case, we don’t yet know the precise cause, but have definitively determined that it did not originate in the battery, the charging system, the adapter or the electrical receptacle, as these components were untouched by the fire.

This is indeed a non-event. If I can snap up some more cheap TSLA call options before earnings however, I will be a happy investor.

- - - Updated - - -

This is very odd. I would bet that if Tesla pays for damages, they get to keep the car. Why would any sane person decline a sure offer? The timing and the actions of the owner seem very fishy to me.

You might decline damages if you were a decent human being, and you knew for a fact that the car did not start the fire in your garage.

Very strange that it happened almost two weeks ago and we are just hearing about it now.

Right... just 3 more trading days before earnings. How convenient.

- - - Updated - - -

The car looks like the least damaged part of the garage. Probably some other root cause for the fire not even involving the car. I wouldn't rule out arson in this one...

but could it be the charge like the LA(?) incident?

Haha. Happend, allegedely, Feb 1 st and comes online today? Someone wants the price of TSLA to drop a bit pre earnings? If you have got acess to a few $100k just buy a Model S and a bunch of puts, set the car on fire, call the newspapers and time it well... Soon you can buy 10 cars...

Very strange that it happened almost two weeks ago and we are just hearing about it now.

I find the whole timing of this very suspicious. The owner turning down Tesla's offer to help is also very suspicious. He either wants to sue or he's hiding something. I wonder if the World will over react this again? I have to wonder if people are getting desensitized to these fires. This one doesn't even sound like it was Teslas fault.