Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

IVA-NAV-10 Map/firmware update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Last summer when my Alpine unit said it was time to upgrade I asked the folks at Tesla about it and they pointed me to this web page:

Alpine Electronics of America, Inc.

I couldn't find anything about my unit (IVA-NAV-10) so I called Alpine's tech support number. The fellow I talked with didn't know if the INA-W900/INA-W900BT map update would work in my unit, but that one would be available in three months. When I called back last fall I was told it would be three more months. When I called back last month I was told (yep you guessed it) three more months while they convert to a new delivery system.

Any of you roadster drivers been down this road?

Bob L

Alpine Update

Back in May 2012, I ordered, received and installed an upgrade to the Alpine Unit:

ine Item Name Qty Price ExtPrice
----- ------------------------------------------------- ---- ---------- --------
NVD-W901 SOFTWARE UPDATE FOR INA-W900 1 99.95 99.95
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Total: 99.95

It worked fine. Other then map updates, the only new feature I recognized was a new "cancel route" button to more easily cancel the route you were following.

I ordered this off the website without trouble. I have looked for a newer update since but without success.

David

I think the unit itself costs around $599 USD...the install depends on what you're having done.

I am setting the car up with a Sierra Wireless Aircard as opposed to tethering from my phone...the Aircard is around $150 plus another (optional) $50 for an appropriate external antenna...I will also be replacing some of the speakers as well, so I figure I will be around $2,000 - $2,500 in, depending on which speakers I choose...

How much is the Parrot including install?

Consulting fee $500 / hr, eh?...the cheque is in the mail...:wink::biggrin:

Seriously,:biggrin: we Roadster owners owe Mark a huge debt of gratitude for trailblazing this (and other functionalities) for us!!!

Cheers Sir! :smile:

About $500 from Amazon, plus $150 for backup camera, plus $350 install. Total I paid was around $1,000.

Now, my time at $500/hour x N days ... ;-)