Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Audi A3 and VW Golf Plug-in Diesel Hybrids

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I love Audi & VW, but not worth it IMO. What I like about Tesla's offerings is that not only is it purely electric, but there's no comprimise on performance.

With any luck, by the time this is released, we'll be sitting in Model S' which hit the performance numbers of their current Turbo'd GTI/GLI

At least *some*body's doing diesel hybrids. I mean, seriously - if the goal is to minimize energy usage, why are we producing gasoline-electric hybrids when diesel makes the most of our oil? This is a question that bothers me daily...

I wish Honda would do a CNG hybrid. They had hybrid Civic, or CNG Civic, but not CNG hybrid which would likely have better mileage, and the benefits of both technologies.

PHEV madness...

Audi's A2 on comeback trail | Auto Express News | News | Auto Express

Stadler also confirmed that Audi will not build and sell its own evolution of the Volkswagen Up!, as had been reported. The city car’s chassis and engine will be used for models from fellow VW Group brands Skoda and SEAT – but the four rings marque will instead focus on producing a vehicle using the compact, fuel-efficient engine concept from VW’s Up! Lite.

This will be introduced on the A1, A2 and A3, and possibly even the A4. The system boosts output with a more powerful, 30kW electric motor and plug-in lithium-ion batteries. The drivetrain also looks set to be fitted in the next-generation VW Golf and Passat.