Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Couple Little Problems with Roadster in Bad Weather

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Recent spate of rain and low temps in San Francisco made me realize a couple of little problems:

1) Factory Windshield Wipers Stink: Replace them. The factory ones act like an old car's windshield wiper. Make sure replacements work. Check the Lotus forums for what works on Elise. I don't want to push any particular brands, but one windshied wiper was pushed more than others on the Elise. That is the one I tried and it made a world of difference.

2) Interior Fogging: Seems to be a big problem. No rear window defroster and windshield defroster both using energy and being load compound the problem. I would highly recommend putting an anti-fog spray on the interior windows and windshield

Last edited:
I too put anti-fog goo on the interior windows, as well as rain-repellent goo on the windshield and side mirrors (I used Rain-X, but there are others). Have not had need to use the wiper yet, but hopefully the rain repellent will help me out when the time comes.