Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Photos of real carbon fiber nose cone with lighted T

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I installed yesterday a nose cone that had been covered in real carbon fiber by CarbonFiberElement in New Jersey. It has a gloss finish. I'm having CarbonFiberElement also cover the front and rear diffusers and the side strakes, all in gloss finish so when all is done I'll have all of the black plastic body panels covered in real carbon fiber

I also installed the last of my hand-made lighted Ts, which is shown in the photos. I'll get the much better production version when the next batch is manufactured later this month.

Sorry for the duplicate photos. The normal deletion methods did not work for some reason.

Attachments

• _DSC4458.jpg
    _DSC4458.jpg
    545.3 KB · Views: 1,226
  • _DSC4459.jpg
    _DSC4459.jpg
    665.2 KB · Views: 1,142
  • _DSC4460.jpg
    _DSC4460.jpg
    798.1 KB · Views: 1,128
  • _DSC4461.jpg
    _DSC4461.jpg
    776.5 KB · Views: 1,877
  • _DSC4462.jpg
    _DSC4462.jpg
    724.2 KB · Views: 1,133
  • _DSC4463.jpg
    _DSC4463.jpg
    715.2 KB · Views: 1,121
  • _DSC4445.JPG
    _DSC4445.JPG
    106.4 KB · Views: 1,144
  • _DSC4448.JPG
    _DSC4448.JPG
    95.4 KB · Views: 1,125
  • _DSC4458.JPG
    _DSC4458.JPG
    79.3 KB · Views: 1,120
  • _DSC4463.JPG
    _DSC4463.JPG
    115.5 KB · Views: 1,110
Last edited:
hmm right here in jersey? what are they're prices like ? I was about to wrap mine with 3M film but that looks pretty good.... if the prices are ok I might consider this instead. (I'm assuming their expensive though)

The work on the nose cone was about $400, not bad at all. The chrome strip has to be removed, which you can do yourself or pay extra to have them do it.

Did you mail your nose cone to them? Just wondering if this is something they can do in a few hours if they are local ... cant really be driving around without a nose cone.

From all of my experimentation I had two spare nose cones, so I just shipped CarbonFiberElement one of the spares. But yes, for them to do their work, they have to have the original part to cover.

Spoke with Tony today and he quoted me $550 for nose cone done like yours, and he is at least 4 weeks away from starting it. Rick how much does Tesla charge for a new nose cone? Might get a spare one done in case I want to go back to stock.....

hmm right here in jersey? what are they're prices like ? I was about to wrap mine with 3M film but that looks pretty good.... if the prices are ok I might consider this instead. (I'm assuming their expensive though)

Yobigd,
Today I picked up my car from Leeberbs. He did a full matte wrap on the car, the chrome all (except the Tesla T's and rear badges (though he covered a lighted Tesla T in black matte which I have to put on) in matte black, and also the nose cone in matte. It looks great. He (and Greg) took plenty of pictures (ask him to send you a few). Here is a quick one I took, I will be taking more pictures soon and posting them.
photo(2).JPG

Yobigd,
Today I picked up my car from Leeberbs. He did a full matte wrap on the car, the chrome all (except the Tesla T's and rear badges (though he covered a lighted Tesla T in black matte which I have to put on) in matte black, and also the nose cone in matte. It looks great. He (and Greg) took plenty of pictures (ask him to send you a few). Here is a quick one I took, I will be taking more pictures soon and posting them.
View attachment 42969

nice! thanks. just curious - why did you get a full matte wrap? to change the color of the car? I was always wondering why people do a matte wrap anyway... did you not like the color that you ordered?