Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Has anyone received a replacement 14-50 in the mail?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

PhilBa

Apr 20, 2013
Seattle
The articles from a couple weeks ago made it sound like a fait acomplii yet I haven't seen anything. I appreciate Tesla putting the issue behind it in the public eye but I would like see some actual follow through.

I did not receive one in the mail, but they replaced my UMC when I had the car in for service this week and the one that they gave me came with the "green dot" new 14-50 adapter. Other than the dot, externally it appears indistinguishable from the old one.

I did not receive one in the mail, but they replaced my UMC when I had the car in for service this week and the one that they gave me came with the "green dot" new 14-50 adapter. Other than the dot, externally it appears indistinguishable from the old one.

JST--can you post the full part number from your green dot adapter? Is there a letter A, B or other as the last character?

Thx.

I just charge at 35w and don't worry about getting a new plug. This is an extraordinary cost for TMC to address a problem that was not created by TMC, it was a homeowner whose wiring wasn't adequate. I wish I could opt out of getting one and save the company a few bucks.

JST--can you post the full part number from your green dot adapter? Is there a letter A, B or other as the last character?

Thx.

Here you go.
use2azyj.jpg

I apologize because in this pic you can't actually see the green dot, which is just to the right of the top pin.

I talked with someone at my service center today, and they mentioned that while there are "updated" 14-50 adapters floating out there (including one I just got with the green dot), that the version with the new sensor/fuse is not yet available. No update on the timeline either.