Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Potential SC Client requesting infrastructure for J1772's as part of agreement to Hos

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have company I am working with that is meeting with Tesla for a SC. They want to know if there are other SC sites that have J1772 adjacent to the SC and if Tesla provided. If so could anyone suggest a site that may have this configuration. They already have a DCQC and several J1772's and along with the 6 SC they want to add an additional 6 J1772's and have Tesla provide infrastructure and possibly pay for the units as well.

Thank in advance for any help or thoughts.

I have company I am working with that is meeting with Tesla for a SC. They want to know if there are other SC sites that have J1772 adjacent to the SC and if Tesla provided. If so could anyone suggest a site that may have this configuration. They already have a DCQC and several J1772's and along with the 6 SC they want to add an additional 6 J1772's and have Tesla provide infrastructure and possibly pay for the units as well.

Thank in advance for any help or thoughts.

One of the difficulties that you will have is that there is no 208V or 240V power available in the typical SC site. Everything in the SC site is run off of 480V/277V 3-phase power which is incompatible with the typical J1772 EVSE. To get 208V or 240V service for a set of J1772 EVSE's will require another transformer or power from another source.

I'm assuming by "SC" you mean SpC (Supercharger) rather than SvC (Service Center).....

As a counter-example to Cottonwood's cogent explanation, the Wickenburg SpC is drawing its 3Ø 480V juice directly adjacent to the stepdown 240V transformer that powers its Town Hall. And there can be no question that the fast-food parking sites, the hotel parking lots and so on also have 240V transformers very close to the SpC parking stalls, so it seems to me that that may not be an insurmountable obstacle.

Now, as to why it is that Tesla should opt to pay for the additional J1772s......I'm not sure why they might consider that.

I'm assuming by "SC" you mean SpC (Supercharger) rather than SvC (Service Center).....

As a counter-example to Cottonwood's cogent explanation, the Wickenburg SpC is drawing its 3Ø 480V juice directly adjacent to the stepdown 240V transformer that powers its Town Hall. And there can be no question that the fast-food parking sites, the hotel parking lots and so on also have 240V transformers very close to the SpC parking stalls, so it seems to me that that may not be an insurmountable obstacle.

Now, as to why it is that Tesla should opt to pay for the additional J1772s......I'm not sure why they might consider that.

Well thats the point. They wanted to know if Tesla may have done this in the past.

Ok, so we are nearing the end to get a new SuperCharger site (location undisclosed at the moment). My client is trying to find out what Tesla would be willing to pay per space as a monthly fee. If you have knowledge of such please PM me. Thanks

There might be this sort of a arrangement at the (yet to be built) Oxnard supercharger:

Oxnard Supercharger Station - Page 3

The City has conditioned the project on the landlord (Shea Properties) putting in three public electric vehicle chargers somewhere else in the mall within a time period after the Tesla Chargers go online, the installation of which Tesla may be participating.

Ok, so we are nearing the end to get a new SuperCharger site (location undisclosed at the moment). My client is trying to find out what Tesla would be willing to pay per space as a monthly fee. If you have knowledge of such please PM me. Thanks
Tesla generally doesn't pay rent for supercharger locations, or only a nominal amount. If your client is looking to do this for possible rental income he's thinking about it all wrong. The income to the property owner comes from Tesla owners stopping there to eat and shop rather than stopping somewhere else on our travels. It should be looked at as a way to attract customers with disposable income (or at least we had it before we bought a Tesla) rather than a source of income itself. As Teslas proliferate, I wouldn't be surprised if restaurant or shopping center owners offered to pay Tesla to locate their superchargers there rather than the other way around!