Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Superchargers in Canada! Not happening! At least not yet.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Still waiting and waiting. Originally, they were supposed to be built by this February. Then I heard end of winter. Now I'm hearing end of 3rd quarter.
Next we will hear 2015 as a logical date. With the Europe and China projects moving ahead very rapidly, Canada has unfortunately taken a back seat in all this and we are being left out! It's almost as though we are irrelevant to Tesla!
Prove me wrong Tesla!

Still waiting and waiting. Originally, they were supposed to be built by this February. Then I heard end of winter. Now I'm hearing end of 3rd quarter.
Next we will hear 2015 as a logical date. With the Europe and China projects moving ahead very rapidly, Canada has unfortunately taken a back seat in all this and we are being left out! It's almost as though we are irrelevant to Tesla!
Prove me wrong Tesla!

Unless you have a valid source for your claims then I must assume that your end of 3rd quarter rumor is bogus as we have heard otherwise.

This is the second time you post this rumor (first time in the Canadian superchargers) is there any reason why you would double post such a rumor without validating your source first?

Prove me wrong Tesla!

You have no idea what you are talking about.

The superchargers will be great when they come. And they will come, fairly soon I'm confident. I understand we all want this so bad we can almost taste it... but Tesla has gone sooooooo far so fast and has so much on their plate(s), they can't do everything all at once. Let's not forget we already have the Sun Country Highway Canada-wide. It's not like we're destitute. (Disclosure: as a new MS owner I have not yet taken a major Canada trip so I can't speak from experience how good, fast, or what problems one may have to work through with the Highway). Tesla *IS* changing the world -- sounds easy doesn't it? So personally I have a lot of patience, because from what I see they're doing nearly everything right (and usually correct any missteps).

This anecdotal evidence indicates that we'll have superchargers online in Ontario in the next few months IMO.
Canadian Superchargers - Page 18
Canadian Superchargers - Page 20

Prove me wrong Tesla!

As a Model S owner outside of Winnipeg I will admit tobeing jealous every time I see the SC roll out map on the Tesla site. While wedo have a number of conveniently located Sun Country Highway stations, thenearest one for us will be Fargo planned for 2015.
If we are heading directly south we will require anadditional charge point before we can get into the heart of the network. Iimagine the roll out of SC’s in this less populated region may slow in the comingyears.
If Tesla is serious about developing a $40,000, 200 milerange vehicle in late 2017 or early 2018, having a SC station every 140 mileswould be a huge selling feature.

Dear Canadian friends, a year ago I posted that the closest supercharger to me (Florida), was still 1,100 miles away. That was after 2 years of waiting for my Model S. What a difference a year makes. west coast enabled, east coast enabled, and the first east-west route enabled. Tesla hasn't forgotten you. The logic of their rollout was to serve as many current customers, as quickly as possible. In hindsight, it appears that was exactly what they were doing. The superchargers will arrive in Canada. Just not tomorrow. But they will come.

Based on a chat with a Vancouver local Tesla rep, the Squamish station is looking more like April now, but it is in construction.

Based on my experience as a project engineer in BC, I can tell you unequivocally that BC Hydro can be real SOBs with regard to providing a power feed and permitting for any large loads.

These maps will be very, very useful --- when we can use them to charge a Model S!

Unfortunately, an actual, metal and plastic charger, with power, is needed for that.

The reason I'm posting this here, is the Ontario / Quebec superchargers made into the coming soon map very recently, and Tesla is being pretty good at making those new coming soon superchargers into operational ones. So I expect those new superchargers to be up and running in the order of 90 days. They did activated about half of all superchargers in the last 4 months !

The buzz words are: may, will, most likely, and now coming soon. Those are all expressions in future tense, the yellow brick road that leads to nowhere.

Call me half empty, my balloon has landed. Even if the Supercharger is up today anywhere in Canada, it is two (2) years too late.
Why didn't Tesla set up Superchargers the same time they started selling ? like Europe & Asia.

The buzz words are: may, will, most likely, and now coming soon. Those are all expressions in future tense, the yellow brick road that leads to nowhere.

Call me half empty, my balloon has landed. Even if the Supercharger is up today anywhere in Canada, it is two (2) years too late.
Why didn't Tesla set up Superchargers the same time they started selling ? like Europe & Asia.

I can't blame you for being angry but the whole SC thing has been a learning exercise for tesla and doesn't really the change the fact that Model S is an incredible car. Frankly, when I bought my car (over a year ago), I completely discounted the SC network. SCs make it better but don't really affect my day to day usage. Did you get yours because of the promise of SCs?

I've only been on TMC since September 2013, but I have heard the same complaints from every continent. Canada is no different. When Tesla launches the Model S in a particular country the SC network is just starting. The network will happen, be patient. There was no SC network in the US when the first Model S's were sold either.

In the history of car manufacturing, no other company has ever successfully set up a global network of "fueling" stations. Tesla is actually making it happen. No small task, and building out the network will continue for many years to come.

We are all early adopters and there have been many bumps in the road, but it is starting to smooth out.