Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
P1020705.JPG

Subject to change at their discretion. Tesla owners can now use the 7 HPWCs in front of the San Diego Tesla Service Center, located at 9250 Trade Place, San Diego CA 92126.
There is no cost and the chargers are available 24/7.

There are some rules being formulated, but they are very reasonable. When charging during business hours (listed below), they ask that you call them at 858-271-5100 to confirm availability. However, with 12 or 13 HPWCs plus a bunch of NEMA 14-50 chargers at the Service Center, there shouldn't be a problem except, maybe, at the end of a quarter when they are trying to push out cars. They also ask that you leave the key fob with the concierge in case the car needs to be moved.

If you want to charge when they're closed, they asked that you either 1) call them during business hours or 2) email them at [email protected] after business hours, and give them your contact information in case they need to reach you.

Charging and leaving your car are at your own risk. The Service Center is in an industrial park area, and I would be a little nervous leaving my car unattended there at night, but it's your call.

Their business hours are:
Mon-Fri: 7am – 6pm
Sat: 8am - 5pm
Sun: 9am - 4pm

I charged there today and got 24 miles/hr of charge with my single charger Tesla S. The car charged at 39-40A and 204-205 volts. With dual chargers, I assume you could double that rate of charge using the HPWC's 80A.