Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The Tesla Model S Owners Forum

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The Tesla website now has a dedicated section just for Model S owners. Seems to have just started a few moments ago. Same categories as the Roadster section. No posts yet.

I guess/hope that's a good sign that they're on track to get Model S depositors their number and login info by mid-May as originally promised. I thought it was possible that they might miss the date because they (allegedly) received so many more reservations than they were expecting that they could get backed up.

I wonder if Tesla will be publishing how many Roadster buyers also signed on for a Model S?

On one hand it's a testament to Tesla'a product.

On the other hand, it might look like there are only so many buyers ready to go Electric.

Did you assume they meant mid May of 2009? Silly camper see what happens when you assume ..... LOL
LOL. It was a weird thing to promise if they weren't going to deliver it. It's not like anyone put down $5k (or $40k for the Sig Series) because they were going to get a number in mid-May. So why disappoint people who are going to have to be very patient anyway by over-promising and under-delivering?

Actually, other than the generic e-mails sent to everyone on their mailing list, there's been no pro-active contact at all from Tesla (I sent an e-mail to confirm receipt of my deposit and got a prompt reply). I don't know if this happened with the Roadster, but I'd think they'd want to send a quick note or something to everyone who put a deposit down with a contact person at Tesla or some other communication so they depositers can feel a little bit of love from the company.

I just got my e-mail today saying payment received...etc. It said that things were delayed a bit and should be 1-2 weeks for sequencing and website access.

It would have been nice if they had sent that notice to other people that put their deposit down (at least I haven't received any updates).
I certainly understand that the date of delivery is very much up in the air.
But when you give people a date and it is for nothing more than your spot in line (which should be relatively simple regardless of the number of deposits) and give NO update when the entire month of May has passed.
Well... I take that as a bad sign.
When a customer is dealing with a company via internet only, communication is critical. No communication is very bad, lack of communication by a state time is much worse.

It would have been nice if they had sent that notice to other people that put their deposit down (at least I haven't received any updates).
I certainly understand that the date of delivery is very much up in the air.
But when you give people a date and it is for nothing more than your spot in line (which should be relatively simple regardless of the number of deposits) and give NO update when the entire month of May has passed.
Well... I take that as a bad sign.
When a customer is dealing with a company via internet only, communication is critical. No communication is very bad, lack of communication by a state time is much worse.

I agree with all that. Not sure how bad of a sign I take it, for the moment I'll just look at is as a sign of bad communication.

But it's pretty inexcusable to not provide some sort of e-mail update. If nothing else just say...
"Due to the recent merger and high volume of incoming orders we are not yet ready to provide exact details as to order numbers. We hope to finalize that soon but wanted to keep you abreast of the delay. Thank you for you patience."
Elon

One HS grad should be able to type that out and send a mass e-mail in about 2 minutes, it took me about 1 minute to do this whole post.

I agree with all that. Not sure how bad of a sign I take it, for the moment I'll just look at is as a sign of bad communication.

But it's pretty inexcusable to not provide some sort of e-mail update. If nothing else just say...
"Due to the recent merger and high volume of incoming orders we are not yet ready to provide exact details as to order numbers. We hope to finalize that soon but wanted to keep you abreast of the delay. Thank you for you patience."
Elon

One HS grad should be able to type that out and send a mass e-mail in about 2 minutes, it took me about 1 minute to do this whole post.

I sent the person I've been dealing with (person who answers questions about the deposit process...etc) at Tesla an e-mail suggesting your idea that it might be good from a PR standpoint to do so. Will see what they say.

I finally got an e-mail saying the delay will be about 2 weeks for the sequencing number and that the owner's area of the website is undergoing development. Since I suggested to them that they send this out to everyone, did anyone else get a similar e-mail?

I did just get the same email

Greetings from Tesla Motors! This is a quick update on the status of our insider web page and on your forthcoming Model S sequence numbers. Our Owners’ Area of the web site is undergoing development for the addition of Model S customers, therefore we will be sending out your login and sequence position in the next two weeks.

More news here is that Daimler has announced a 10% investment in our company. We at Tesla are thrilled about the potentials of this collaboration, and believe it to be a huge vote of confidence in our cutting edge drivetrain technology. We will benefit from Daimler’s extensive experience to deliver an expertly designed, beautiful, high quality vehicle!

We look forward to getting you your number and owner’s area access soon.

Shame it took a customer letting them know that they should be sending this info out... on the plus side, they listened.