Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

DC Area Members?

Where should Tesla open the DC Area store?

• Arlington

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Dulles

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • DC

Votes: 5 50.0%
  • MD

Votes: 2 20.0%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just saw the thread for a meet in the SF Bay area, and I came to wondering how many board members are in the DC area. To quote the Northeast sales manager:

The DC store will be opening later this year – probably in the fourth quarter. We don’t have a location selected yet, but it will be in the downtown area, somewhere relatively close to Capitol Hill.

So if there aren't many of us now, I assume that number will grow :)

Putting the store somewhere near Capitol Hill is exactly the right move. The politicians might not get as much exposure to it as we'd like, but their aides and advisors will. That's as or more important to getting support in DC. An aide who's taken a test drive in a Roadster, or even seen one driving around, will be a much better advocate for Tesla with their bosses.

My vote for selfish reasons is Dulles but for practical ones I am assuming that it will be downtown proper. Do we have enough people to meet ? I already met Dave and we have BB I assume a couple more. I would love to see BB's car in person that is an awesome color on the screen and we could even see a Sport in person if Dave shows up. This could be fun :biggrin: I am afraid it will be a while before I can bring my Model S :frown:

Hi Guys,

I have very limited internet access at work, so I couldn't easily respond earlier.

I'm up for a get together. There is supposed to be another owner with a car in Northern Virginia, and according to the spreadsheet, one in Derwood, MD. Not sure if we can find a way to get some of the others involved.

My car was delivered late Sunday night, love it, love the color.

Any ideas on when and where?

Meeting locations

Places that come to mind are:

• Fairfax Corner (park in the AAA office parking lot, 1/2 block to a Caribou)
  • Tyson's Corner (shopping center with Panera Bread, west of the mall)
  • Rt 28 Shopping center, just South of the Mall
  • Silver Diner (Fair Lakes or Clarendon)
  • Burke Lake shopping center (off 7100, North of 123)
  • The Conscious Bean in Great Falls sounds cool, but I've never been...
  • Greenberry's Coffee in McLean also sounds cool, but I've also never been...

Figured this might get the ball rolling.

I vote for VA but am willing to wander to MD if the group prefers. Dulles corridor is GREAT for me so I approve all of those locations. Where is everybody else ? Can we pick a central location ? Do we want to wait until Dave gets his car too ? That would be like 5 months though .... but I would love to see the sport model as well. Heck I would love to see a Model S but I think we better not wait THAT long :biggrin: