Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charge Port or Charge Cable Issue

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When I connect up at night (14-50), the charge port constantly clicks to lock and unlock. It can't seem to get a "steady" connection. However, if I apply a small amount of pressure either downward or upward on the connector, I then can eventually get the port to lock firmly and am able charge.

Anyone experience this issue? Just wanted to get everyone's take on this before calling it into service.

Thanks in advance!

Could be firmware or the port. It's not likely to be the UMC. I've noticed with 5.8.7 that the UMC connects and locks every time. Before I sometimes had to try a couple of times.

I think it is the UMC. I am having a similar issue currently. I have two UMC's, one always plugged in at home and another I keep in the car to plug in at work. I have been having issues with the one at home. I have had no problems plugging in at work and used the work cable at home and it worked fine. Given Tesla will be sending out replacement cables to everyone, will see how long I can wait since I have a spare. May contact the service center to see what they say about the delivery of the new UMC's.

When I connect up at night (14-50), the charge port constantly clicks to lock and unlock. It can't seem to get a "steady" connection. However, if I apply a small amount of pressure either downward or upward on the connector, I then can eventually get the port to lock firmly and am able charge.

Anyone experience this issue? Just wanted to get everyone's take on this before calling it into service.

Thanks in advance!
I am having this very issue with my HPWC wand. The car goes into service tomorrow.