Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New type of forum spam

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

leodown

Apr 22, 2009
Since we see he is mostly preaching his anti-green message to cause havoc on Progressive boards it begs the question where does he call "home" on the Internet? Does he chat freely and safely with other rabid ICE fans somewhere? Is there a site that he regularly Posts with people of his ilk?

Last edited by a moderator:
Since we see he is mostly preaching his anti-green message to cause havoc on Progressive boards it begs the question where does he call "home" on the Internet? Does he chat freely and safely with other rabid ICE fans somewhere? Is there a site that he regularly Posts with people of his ilk?

This post was just this week.

Study Calls Environmental Benefits of Electric Cars ‘Fiction’ | GM-VOLT : Chevy Volt Electric Car Site

Comment number 53 has many of us believing he is a paid shill for GM.

I saw a few of these Autobloggreen Posts he made and thought about how hw must troll the green EV sites constantly to get in his vile comments in so quickly.

I think that he has to get his vitriolic prose from other sources than his own scrambled brain.
See something familiar?

Compare the quote from you above with the quote you took from leodown.

It's a new spam tactic. Though I had already removed the spammy links. It's pretty tricky since the method is to steal a paragraph from earlier in the thread, thus making the spam post likely to be on topic. (Though admittedly less likely if stolen from vfx. ZING! :wink:)

We caught a few of these uncannily on topic spam posts earlier this week, but I just figured out the method this morning when I saw my own words in one, and then did a search to check some of the others.

Doug - nice piece of detective work! Dang they're getting better at this, aren't they? Seems like a lot of effort (unless they have a way of automatically doing that??) for small potential gain.

The only question is - why the heck is he still a "member" here?