Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

503's from all threads

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Database error

If I’m logged in and try to click on the “Superbowl Car Commercials”-thread in the Electric Vehicles sub forum (with the intent to post) I get the following error message:

error.png

Yeah, now accepting contributions...

Let me know if there's any odd behavior. :)
Power failure in a data center? Heads can roll for something like that. :)
Last time I saw that happen was at a huge DC in the UK; down for 30 minutes and when everything did come back up, many servers had to have their power supplies replaced due to trauma.
But if I may ask ... if a power supply ... then how was the home page able to continue to work?
It's db driven. Even if cached.
I am simply curious. Not challenging the reason ... nor doubting you.

Power failure in a data center? Heads can roll for something like that. :)
Last time I saw that happen was at a huge DC in the UK; down for 30 minutes and when everything did come back up, many servers had to have their power supplies replaced due to trauma.
But if I may ask ... if a power supply ... then how was the home page able to continue to work?
It's db driven. Even if cached.
I am simply curious. Not challenging the reason ... nor doubting you.
It's probably (99% sure) a MySQL database and since the database didn't shut down properly tables can be marked as "crashed".

The database then has to repair the tables before you can access them again.

It's probably (99% sure) a MySQL database and since the database didn't shut down properly tables can be marked as "crashed".

The database then has to repair the tables before you can access them again.

Correct. Often searches are powered by a temp or cache table, or sometimes even another engine (Google, Sphinx etc). In any case, these issues seemed to only affect the thread viewing and nothing else (so maybe post table).