Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone planning to get buried in their Tesla?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Came across this article about a guy so dedicated to his Harley that he asked to be buried in it. I wonder if there are any Tesla fans that would ask for this?'

Billy Standley Buried Astride His Motorcycle Inside Enormous Plexiglass Box, Riding Beloved Harley To Heaven (GRAPHIC PHOTOS)

Even if I wanted to I don't think it would be possible. I think there are at least 7 people in line for mine when I pass! My wife's son claimed first dibs on it the day I brought it home. Several others have indicated a similar interest. Do you think I need to be concerned about my longevity?

I gotta say, the people on this forum are amazing. I didn't think this thread would make me laugh, but there were quit a few good quips.

on a serious note, Elon thinks the Model S will probably run for 20 years, so it couldn't hurt to think about who is going to inherit yours. Just saying....

I'll consider only if included in the service plan.
  • Hello.
  • Hi, ma'am. This is the Tesla service center near you.
  • Oh, hi. Haven't talked to you guys in a while.
  • Yes, that's actually why we're calling.
  • You miss me? Heh.
  • Well, we do love our customers but no, it's actually about your Tesla.
  • Oh, what about it?
  • Well, it seems it's been out of cell reception for over a year now and we're trying to push out some new firmware to all customers.
  • (Chuckle) I think I know why.
  • Oh good. Why, do you think?
  • My husband was buried in it this summer. Lovely car; literally couldn't get him out of it.
  • I'm not sure what to say. I'm sorry for your loss....
  • Oh, it's okay. He had a long life, and we had many happy years together.
  • Well that's good to hear! I'll make note in our records that this vehicle no longer needs to be serviced with updates. Thanks for your time, ma'am.

I gotta say, the people on this forum are amazing. I didn't think this thread would make me laugh, but there were quit a few good quips.

on a serious note, Elon thinks the Model S will probably run for 20 years, so it couldn't hurt to think about who is going to inherit yours. Just saying....

I'm 67 ,20 years would be nice. By then maybe the Tesla could drive itself in the funeral short line.

Well, if getting buried in the specialy made Harley casket took 4 or more plots, the Model S will certainly take many more... And around here plots are about $2,500 each, so nope, wouldn't be worth spending for 8 or more plots all together (not to mention the specialy made cement vault you would also require). A much better use is to give it to one of your relatives, or donate it to a charity to auction off.