Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla cash flow

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It occurred to me when considering the payment terms of the 2008 cars and soon to be produced 2010 cars, that ...

Tesla should be at maximum cash flow right about now. Why? Because...

The 2008 models have the balance due at delivery. The 2010 models have the balance due before start of production. During the next 2 months they have an overlap of those payment terms. They're getting final due payments from the 2008's being currently delivered at the same time they're getting final due payments of the 2010's soon to be starting production.

It occurred to me when considering the payment terms of the 2008 cars and soon to be produced 2010 cars, that ...

Tesla should be at maximum cash flow right about now. Why? Because...

The 2008 models have the balance due at delivery. The 2010 models have the balance due before start of production. During the next 2 months they have an overlap of those payment terms. They're getting final due payments from the 2008's being currently delivered at the same time they're getting final due payments of the 2010's soon to be starting production.

And they are getting the initial rush of deposits on the Model S right now.

Maximum cash is coming in right now.
Perhaps they will get through the summer..... or at least long enough for me to take delivery of my Roadster. :)

Last edited:
Perhaps they will get through the summer..... or at least long enough for me to take delivery of my Roadster. :)

Haha, that's a pretty ponzi-scheme outlook on things. Hopefully they turn things around so they're profitable overall, which will put them in a better position whether they get the loans or not :cool: