Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

It's On - battle for electric car domination

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

vfx

Aug 18, 2006
CA CA
Portland and San Francisco "Battle" For Electric Car Domination

Now our neighbors to the north, Portland are challenging us for EV supremacy. This type of competition symbolizes what is best about our region and our country. If we were able to put a man on the moon, we most certainly can create a new generation of cars that do not run on fossil fuels. We've done it before. I owned one of the EV1's from Saturn in the 1990s. Now EV companies are sprouting up all over the country from Fisker Automotive to Better Place to Bright Automotive.

Portland and San Francisco have been battling for the title of the most sustainable city for years

Video is good and mentions Tesla more here
Links are also good to follow.

Wish he was my Mayor.

Last edited:
Portland and San Francisco "Battle" For Electric Car Domination

Portland responds

It’s On! Portland and San Francisco Battle For Electric Car Domination : Gas 2.0

Portland video claiming EV superiority.
EV Charging Station Unveiled in Portland on Vimeo

City, state, and national governments are rapidly working toward an electric vehicle grid that can support a complete transformation of how we live, work, and drive. Never before has there been such public buzz around a new transportation option, and never before has there been such a real opportunity to implement it.

Already, several companies are working to commercialize the first charging stations or develop “total solutions” to our dependence on petroleum. Not in twenty or thirty years, but in the next five. Each day, more announcements are made highlighting local commitments to this infrastructure.

San Francisco
Connecticut and Massachusetts
Chicago
Portland
Hawaii
Seattle
"Green" city, Austin, Texas is nowhere on these EV lists.

"If we could put a man on the moon."

I'm glad he's not my mayor.

"I never thought I'd live to see the last man on the moon."

We've been cheated! It has been 40 flaming years! Where are our spacegoing Gooneybirds!