Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As I wait for any news on the Model X (RSN 4787), I was curious to see if there are any good trip planning apps that specifically allow you to plan a trip based on availability of Tesla Super Chargers along the route. Ideally it would fall back to other charging stations and also list hotels along the route that have chargers that could be used overnight.

I tried the evtripplanner app I found linked from the TM forum but couldn't really get that to work properly. For example, if I wanted to plan a trip from NYC to Hartwell, GA (which we sometimes do for Christmas), how would I go about planning the route?

Also, has anyone heard any news about the prospective Super Charger in or near Albany, NY? That one will be key for our summer travels. And yes, I know I still have a at least a year to wait before it matters, but I need something to play around with to get my Tesla fix. :)

Thanks,

-Chris

Yeah, I later found some discussions on the Albany supercharger. Looks like it is probably going to be in the Colonie Center Mall, which is pretty convenient for my purposes.

Thanks,

-CB

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks, Richard for the info on the Tesla nav including super chargers. When I ordered the X, I had thought this feature was already in the nav or that there was an app for that. But apparently not.

A smart app that took into consideration the terrain, preferred speeds and outdoor temperature would be awesome, but I don't expect perfection. The evtripplanner looks interesting but I've never been able to get it to work with the addresses I've plugged in.

Regards,

-Chris

Also, EVTripPlanner does a very good job at estimating energy needs for individual legs. If you put honest data into this planner and give yourself another 15-30% more rated miles, you should have plenty of margin. I give myself more margin when the conditions are more threatening or unknown.

what do you have to do to get this to work? I put in two points and pressed update, and the map did nothing... it showed some random trip in colorado... Do you have to sign in or donate?

what do you have to do to get this to work? I put in two points and pressed update, and the map did nothing... it showed some random trip in colorado... Do you have to sign in or donate?

I've had this problem a few time if it did not understand the address format. Otherwise it should work fine with or without a donation (I've donated, but frequently forget to log on when using it)