Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Klamath Falls Oregon Charging?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi everyone. I am in Klamath falls Oregon for work and can not seem to find a charging stations. And of all things I forgot my charging cable. :mad: Anyone here can help me out? Thank you.

Any chance someone could overnight your cable to you? maybe your local Service center could overnight a loaner? I see nothing on plugshare. do you have the J1772 adapter with you? If you do I could put up a post on the Leaf forum to see if anyone has a home charger that is not on plugshare.

I do have my J1772 adapter. :smile: I have 45KW of power left and I was going to try and make it to Grants Pass tomorrow. My biggest worry is the pass. I didn't think it would take so much power to come over here from GP. I had a full charge and was driving super conservative.

I do have my J1772 adapter. :smile: I have 45KW of power left and I was going to try and make it to Grants Pass tomorrow. My biggest worry is the pass. I didn't think it would take so much power to come over here from GP. I had a full charge and was driving super conservative.

I know it's pretty late to reply... How did you fare getting back to the land of SuperChargers?

[Edit: There are a half-dozen public chargers in Medford, including one from AeroVironment, part of the West Coast Electric Highway. You can easily make it there, spend an hour on J1772, and make it to Grants Pass, easy. Or, take the southern route to Ashland, there's one there too. Less up an elevation change, and less distance too.]

45 kW would be, say, 144 rated miles? You're going 102 miles on the flat, plus a small elevation climb. Most of your range was burned going up the pass - back down, you'll enjoy much of that back.

From K Falls to Grants Pass, you're going from 4100 ft up to 5250 feet, then then back down to 945 feet. All you need to worry about is that 1100 foot climb, plus the distance.

You will use up 7 miles of rated range for every thousand feet you climb. Call it 10 to be conservative. That's 11.5 miles used in the climb to the top of the pass to get back. I'm not going to reduce the 4 miles for every thousand feet you coast down, but there's a little gain after the pass.

You would need 115 miles rated to make this run, including the elevation change. I usually add 20 - 30 miles margin. If you have 135-145 rated miles, you will definitely be able to do this. If you're right at 115, I wouldn't risk it.

Last edited:
I sent the following post via Facebook to Oregon Institute of Technology, located in Klamath Falls:
"I'm a 1977 grad of OIT. I was wondering if the campus has a Electric Vehicle Charging station? If not, why not? Several Tesla owners have traveled to K Falls recently and there are no chargers in town. Sounds to me like an opportunity for OIT to step up."

Their reply:
"Hi Richard, we don't have a public one at this time, but we definitely agree with you and our wonderful OREC hopes to make it happen. We'll keep you updated."

So, there is hope that someday at least one J1772 will be in Klamath Falls.

I sent the following post via Facebook to Oregon Institute of Technology, located in Klamath Falls:
"I'm a 1977 grad of OIT. I was wondering if the campus has a Electric Vehicle Charging station? If not, why not? Several Tesla owners have traveled to K Falls recently and there are no chargers in town. Sounds to me like an opportunity for OIT to step up."

Their reply:
"Hi Richard, we don't have a public one at this time, but we definitely agree with you and our wonderful OREC hopes to make it happen. We'll keep you updated."

So, there is hope that someday at least one J1772 will be in Klamath Falls.

That is a great idea! As you write to them, encourage them to install a high amperage J1772 charger or chargers.
Send them this link for more information, and ask them to consider the highest Amperage they can afford.