Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Does your P85+ pull right on Bay Area roads?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Specifically much of 880 and 101? I know roads are crowned but I'm starting to get concerned that my P85+ can't keep alignment. Or perhaps my expectations are out of whack. It seems to pull right on the highway, at certain times.

I've already had it aligned once. It got better after, but now seems to pull again.

The best way to test whether your car drifts is by driving on roads that are known to be flat. If your car drifts there, you probably have an issue with alignment, inflation, or uneven tire wear. If your car only drifts on certain roads, then it's most likely specific to that road. Early on, Tesla did not have its own alignment benches and farmed the work out to other local dealerships. Here in AZ they sent cars to a Mercedes dealer for alignment. When they did that, it was the worst alignment I had ever received. The car came back with an off-center steering wheel and it pulled to the right quite obviously. It was serious enough that I sent an email to Jerome at corporate. I can't believe a Mercedes dealer, contracted by Tesla, would do such a terrible job. I feel pity now for anyone who bought their Benz from that dealer.

It wasn't until Tesla aligned my car using their new in-house alignment bench that my car felt like it did from the factory. If you had your alignment done early, and not done in-house by Tesla, you might want to have them redo it.

Would you mind posting your alignment report? That may shed some light on whether the original alignment was done properly. I know there was some chatter a couple of months ago about the alignment benches not having the right specifications initially.

No trouble on the 101 or any other Bay Area roads beyond what you'd expect from road crowning. Sounds like possibly an improper alignment (non-zero thrust angle?), or maybe not holding alignment. Probably worth getting it checked.

Does it still pull to the right if you let off the accelerator just a little so that it's coasting (not in regen)?