Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Service Center - Dedham, MA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just noticed that there is a Tesla service center coming soon to Dedham, MA. Anyone know where it will be located. Pretty happy about this, considering it's a much better location for me compared to Watertown. Hopefully I won't spend much time there but still a small improvement on my future owner satisfaction!

I wonder if they'll put in a Supercharger as they have on Long Island? It's not the best location for one, but would give significantly more coverage for Eastern MA and would (barely) provide round trip access to the Cape from the North and West.
Otherwise, I don't really see why they'd locate two service centers so close to each other, although perhaps this is a relocation, not a duplication. The Watertown location isn't that bad to get to, but it's pretty inappropriate for a Supercharger location.

I think it's way to close to the East Greenwich, RI SuperCharger (50.6 miles), but you never know.
Maybe if they have land and are building from scratch they'd do it...
The problem with the E. Greenwich Supercharger is that it's not very useful if you're coming from the North or West and headed for Cape Cod or anywhere else in South Eastern MA. With the exception of people going from Conn or NYC to the Cape, I'm still not sure why they put one in E. Greenwich in the first place.

Has anyone heard anything more about this location opening up?

The most recent thing I could find is this news article from May:

Tesla, meanwhile, is planning to open in the coming months a service center in Dedham to complement a service center already open in Watertown and its Natick store.
O’Connell said the expansion to Dedham reflects sales in the Bay State and a general policy to have more service centers than stores.
- See more at: Natick: Tesla case headed to SJC - News - MetroWest Daily News, Framingham, MA - Framingham, MA

Mat said they gave up on the Dedham site due to a landlord who was difficult to work with as well as potential toxic waste that the tenant may be held responsible for. They are looking at a bigger and better site in Foxboro.

Has anyone heard anything more about this location opening up?

The most recent thing I could find is this news article from May:

Tesla, meanwhile, is planning to open in the coming months a service center in Dedham to complement a service center already open in Watertown and its Natick store.
O’Connell said the expansion to Dedham reflects sales in the Bay State and a general policy to have more service centers than stores.
- See more at: Natick: Tesla case headed to SJC - News - MetroWest Daily News, Framingham, MA - Framingham, MA

Speaking of Foxboro, I parked at Gillette stadium last Friday for the Pat's game after visiting the ginormous Bass Pro Shop. There is one whole charger for the whole stadium, not on Chargepoint. I didn't even bother checking to see if it was free given the traffic. I think it would be great if they opened a Tesla dealer nearby and allowed us to park/charge there for the games. Heck, I'd even pay for it! :)

Speaking of Foxboro, I parked at Gillette stadium last Friday for the Pat's game after visiting the ginormous Bass Pro Shop. There is one whole charger for the whole stadium, not on Chargepoint. I didn't even bother checking to see if it was free given the traffic. I think it would be great if they opened a Tesla dealer nearby and allowed us to park/charge there for the games. Heck, I'd even pay for it! :)
Hmmm... what a perk that would be! Park your Tesla at the SC, then get a ride to the gate in the SC's Model X. Count me in!

That's a good location for 95 and 495, I hope they put a supercharger there as well. It still seems to me that the cost to add a couple of supercharger stalls at Tesla service centers and showrooms if they have the space should be a lot less than in a "greenfield" location.

WRT transportation to the stadium - Would that be an application for the first stretch Model X limo?

More seriously, considering the length of a game, a bunch of simple HPWCs would be more than enough I'd think. Save the superchargers for people on their way to the Cape.

I was also told that they would probably install a supercharger for 1 or 2 cars for use by the service center, not necessarily the public. The site has a good power supply, unlike Watertown. Nothing is definite.

That's a good location for 95 and 495, I hope they put a supercharger there as well. It still seems to me that the cost to add a couple of supercharger stalls at Tesla service centers and showrooms if they have the space should be a lot less than in a "greenfield" location.

WRT transportation to the stadium - Would that be an application for the first stretch Model X limo?

More seriously, considering the length of a game, a bunch of simple HPWCs would be more than enough I'd think. Save the superchargers for people on their way to the Cape.