Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Switzerland

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla Switzerland Area. Maybe a Subforum can be created?

- - - Updated - - -

After two month I hardly had to learn, that the color of my new Tesla Model S is still quite soft and needs about 9 months to totaly dry. During this period, it's quite easy to get any small scratches.
Today I got my car coated by Fahrzeugaufbereitung, Autopolitur, Fahrzeugpflege, Fahrzeugreinigung in Zürich - Home.
Mr. Flora is a very passionate person and you can feel his emotions about treating a car.
After polishing and coating my Sunbird, it looks now even better than new and I don't have to worry, that it'll get so easily scratches!
Got ceramic coating - he uses products similar to opticoat which isn't available in Switzerland and since I don't want to drive just for this to the Netherlands, it's a reasonable alternative.

I'll poste some pics tomorrow

IMG_00000006.jpeg
IMG_00000007.jpeg
IMG_00000008.jpeg
IMG_00000009.jpeg
IMG_00000010.jpeg
IMG_00000011.jpeg
IMG_00000013.jpeg
IMG_00000014.jpeg

Last edited:
In september I will travel to Grindelwald. From the Bad Rappenau SC in Germany it's about 430km. Won't be able to make it through the mountains without some extra juice. Any suggestions for a good/quick charge location. Does Tesla Zurich have a SuperCharger?

No SC for you in Zurich. Going there would be also a time consuming detour with the traffic into and out of Zurich. Your shortest route goes from Basel straight to Bern-Interlaken and then Grindelwald.
Near Basel, in Möhlin, Tesla just opened a new service center. Ring them to see what options they have. I would expect 22kW Type 2 (3x32A, Mennekes) to be available.
(Source Tesla: Basel | Tesla Motors
By September more SCs might have become available.

Further along that route - according to Lemnet.org (LEMnet) as of today:

1)
CH-4543 Deitingen, A1 - Deitingen Süd
BP Autobahn-Tankstelle A1, http://www.bp.com, 032 614 13 55
3 Anschlüsse: 1x*CEE+ 230V/32A*(32A), 1x*CEE 230V/16A*(16A)

This station requires a “Park & Charge” - key. You could consider ringing them at the phone no. indicated to ask if they would have a key for tourists available. With an adapter from 32 to 16A CEE 3-phase, you could recharge there with 11kW.

2) Several possibilities in Bern, easiest to find would be just before reaching Bern the Autobahnraststätte Grauholz:
CH-3063 Ittigen,
TexxEnergy-Ladestation, Autobahnraststätte Grauholz A1 Nord/Süd, Best Western Hotel Grauholz, email, Home | Hotel Restaurant Grauholz in Bern, +41 31 911 2545 oder +41 31 915 1212
6 Anschlüsse: 2x*CEE 400V/32A*(32A,*3Ph), 4x*CEE 230V/16A*(16A).

With Basel and the Grauholz, you should be able to reach then Interlaken and Grindelwald with some power to spare. Two shorter stops might be less boring than a long one at 11kW. Remember to carry a 32-16 A 3phase adapter. These are commercially available. As yet there are not many Type 2 (Mennekes) 3x32A stations operational. But the situation is fluid and new stations are being opened regularly. Unfortunately not all are then also operational for everybody and it is always good to have some alternatives at hand.

Hello to all Swiss friends!

Anyone has thoughts on how to reach Bellinzona (or Mendrisio) from SC Aichstetten? Guess one needs an additional (partial) charge anywhere down the route, even if the last stop is SC St Anton?

Thanks in advance!

Kees

Aichstetten to Bellinzona are just 263 Km. The Roadster manages Zurich-Lugano on a single Standard charge (213 Km). You may get a bit scared once on top of the San Bernardino, but from there on, on your way down, you will use very little. Otherwise there are quite a few points where you could recharge a bit at 11 kW, either directly from a red CEE 3-phase 16A socket, or with an adapter (commercially available) from a red CEE 3-phase 32A socket. Mennekes connectors are not yet all that prevalent and often require special access cards. The providers have not yet thought of tourism.
See also Lemnet for more information.

Aichstetten to Bellinzona are just 263 Km. The Roadster manages Zurich-Lugano on a single Standard charge (213 Km). You may get a bit scared once on top of the San Bernardino, but from there on, on your way down, you will use very little. Otherwise there are quite a few points where you could recharge a bit at 11 kW, either directly from a red CEE 3-phase 16A socket, or with an adapter (commercially available) from a red CEE 3-phase 32A socket. Mennekes connectors are not yet all that prevalent and often require special access cards. The providers have not yet thought of tourism.
See also Lemnet for more information.

Thanks for your answers Alfred! Missed it due to travels & other, so apologies for my late response.
I just wonder if your estimate would also be valid for a fully packed MS..?
Kees

I have no personal experience with Model S. With normal loads Zurich-Lugano and further are no problem. Speeds possible and permitted on the access roads to the San Bernardino are relatively low (at or below 100Km/h). That makes good for some of the range loss due to change in altitude. You will see a marked decrease in estimated range as you go up a mountain pass, as the machine thinks that you will be going uphill forever and you will see a steady increase in estimated range as you go downhill on the other side of the pass.

Thanks again Alfred,

By the way, extremely quiet in this thread; are there so few Tesla's in der Schweiz, or is there nothing to share among owners..? Let's see if some traffic can be generated here from owners in other countries that plan to or have travelled through your country. Especially the Dutch have some range anxiety when it comes to driving through the mountains (or is that 'projection' on my part only?) so sharing experiences and suggestions should be a good thing to do.

There are by now more than 500 model S on the road in Switzerland - in addition to 150 roadsters. Switzerland had at one time the highest Roadster/capita ratio in the world. Official statistics are a bit slow to appear as vehicle registrations are cantonal. A few Model S owners are active in the German language TFF-Forum with some active threads about charging spots e.g. The Swiss are not the most eager forum-chatters in the world, even if the country is gradually being wired entirely with fibre to home. Language is of course an issue, perhaps to a lesser extent than in Germany, but nevertheless.

No SC for you in Zurich. Going there would be also a time consuming detour with the traffic into and out of Zurich. Your shortest route goes from Basel straight to Bern-Interlaken and then Grindelwald.
Near Basel, in Möhlin, Tesla just opened a new service center. Ring them to see what options they have. I would expect 22kW Type 2 (3x32A, Mennekes) to be available.
(Source Tesla: Basel | Tesla Motors
By September more SCs might have become available.

Further along that route - according to Lemnet.org (LEMnet) as of today:

1)
CH-4543 Deitingen, A1 - Deitingen Süd
BP Autobahn-Tankstelle A1, http://www.bp.com, 032 614 13 55
3 Anschlüsse: 1x*CEE+ 230V/32A*(32A), 1x*CEE 230V/16A*(16A)

This station requires a “Park & Charge” - key. You could consider ringing them at the phone no. indicated to ask if they would have a key for tourists available. With an adapter from 32 to 16A CEE 3-phase, you could recharge there with 11kW.

2) Several possibilities in Bern, easiest to find would be just before reaching Bern the Autobahnraststätte Grauholz:
CH-3063 Ittigen,
TexxEnergy-Ladestation, Autobahnraststätte Grauholz A1 Nord/Süd, Best Western Hotel Grauholz, email, Home | Hotel Restaurant Grauholz in Bern, +41 31 911 2545 oder +41 31 915 1212
6 Anschlüsse: 2x*CEE 400V/32A*(32A,*3Ph), 4x*CEE 230V/16A*(16A).

With Basel and the Grauholz, you should be able to reach then Interlaken and Grindelwald with some power to spare. Two shorter stops might be less boring than a long one at 11kW. Remember to carry a 32-16 A 3phase adapter. These are commercially available. As yet there are not many Type 2 (Mennekes) 3x32A stations operational. But the situation is fluid and new stations are being opened regularly. Unfortunately not all are then also operational for everybody and it is always good to have some alternatives at hand.
Dear Alfred, thnx for your help. Basel seems like a good spot to get some extra juice. I sent an email to the Tesla Service Center. Hopefully there will be enough SuperChargers by September. If not, they already confirmed that I am welcome to charge at the service centre.